You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

The Heads Up Thread

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 15 Sep 15, 08:56Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:If you're in the south-east of England, then today's a good day to catch some Spitfires and stuff:

http://www.battleofbritainday.co.uk/#!routes/c1px

I just got an email from someone at the UK site I collaborate with, apparently one section will be routing right overhead {hissy}

Shame the weather is a bit grim for it :(
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 29 Sep 15, 07:29Post
An early call, but for European members who fancy seeing Swiss's new 777-300ERs and can't get to Zurich, they will be put onto selected European routes during Feb 2016 to allow for crew familiarisation.

Get yourself to Barcelona, Frankfurt, Geneva or Heathrow if you want to see them :)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 Oct 15, 11:52Post
From today's Daily:

miamiair wrote:Finnair readies for first A350 delivery; eyes Asia market expansion
Finnair will take delivery Oct. 7 of the first of 19 Airbus A350 XWBs it has on order, becoming the third airline to receive an A350 and the first European operator. The oneworld airline will receive the seventh A350 off the production line in Toulouse Oct. 7, following deliveries earlier this year to launch customer Qatar Airways and Vietnam Airlines.

Looks like it just pushed back from the TLS delivery centre, as AY350:

http://www.flightradar24.com/FIN350/7a231f9
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 Oct 15, 15:08Post
...and landed on 04R at HEL. :)
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 23 Oct 15, 09:08Post
Another early announcement, but for those who like to see A380s (or at least ones other than EKs all the time), Korean Air have announced they will start sending theirs to LHR on a daily basis from the start of next summer season (start of April).

Not sure if that extends into next winter season or not.

That'll be 9 airlines operating the A380 at LHR then. Usurprising, given that LHR was exactly the airport they had in mind when they planned the aircraft in the first place.
CentrelinePhoto 24 Oct 15, 14:10Post
Turkish Airlines have painted A330-200 TC-JNC in retro (1980s) colours.

http://kokpit.aero/thy-a330-retro-boyananmaya-baslandi (link in Turkish)

Should be flying soon.
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 11 Nov 15, 02:45Post
Via FR24:

The Antonov An-225 Mriya will be flying 11-13 November. Below is the schedule we have received, which is always subject to revision due to the nature of large cargo operations. All times given in UTC.

11 November
07:00 UTC Gostomel (GML)—Doncaster (DSA) 10:40 UTC

12 November
12:00 UTC Doncaster (DSA)—Leipzig (LEJ) 13:30 UTC

12 November
15:30 UTC Leipzig (LEJ)—Baku (GYD) 20:00 UTC

13 November
12:00 UTC Baku (GYD)—Gostomel (GML) 15:00 UTC

I hope one of our people can catch it again!

Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 Dec 15, 05:43Post
Anyone at LHR this morning, Finnair's AY831 is OH-LQD "Marimekko" :)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Dec 15, 12:40Post
One for the JFK peeps: Finnair's sending you an A350 for about a week in January.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/13/ay-jfk-jan16/
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 12 Jan 16, 13:55Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:One for the JFK peeps: Finnair's sending you an A350 for about a week in January.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/13/ay-jfk-jan16/

Bump: Today's AY5 is A350 OH-LWA, hope someone's there to catch her!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Feb 16, 18:15Post
US people; SWA's new Tennessee One logojet is out of the paint shop and Southwest have handily posted its movements for the first full day of service in the new livery.

On Wednesday 24th it will be flying SLC-DAL-HOU-LAS-AUS-LBB. FR24 has the times currently scheduled: https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/n922wn
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 12 Apr 16, 09:10Post
A heads-up for our AMS and DUS spotters:

VP-BPZ (Peter Nygard 727) is expected to fly AMS-DUS this Sunday, 17 April.
ETD AMS around 1500, ETA DUS around 1600.

ETD DUS on Monday 18 April around 1900, bound for Goose Bay.

Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 12 Apr 16, 18:23Post
Zak wrote:A heads-up for our AMS and DUS spotters:

VP-BPZ (Peter Nygard 727) is expected to fly AMS-DUS this Sunday, 17 April.
ETD AMS around 1500, ETA DUS around 1600.

ETD DUS on Monday 18 April around 1900, bound for Goose Bay.

Already looking forward to it. Will make a stop in DUS on sunday evening. Parking is planned on V02 which means nightshots are possible. :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 12 Apr 16, 18:56Post
I'm thinking about heading over myself. After all, as I wrote in the comment to above photo:

I would have paid money to get a proper photo op for this stunning aircraft.

All I'd have to pay now is some fuel for a trip to DUS...
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 12 Apr 16, 19:41Post
Anybody uploading early shots of this bird please let the social media team know when you do, particularly if the weather allows for good shots. There's sure to be a lot of interest in such a rare visitor.
A million great ideas...
Yokes 18 Apr 16, 07:12Post
JLAmber wrote:Anybody uploading early shots of this bird please let the social media team know when you do, particularly if the weather allows for good shots. There's sure to be a lot of interest in such a rare visitor.

Bad luck, schedule change a day before, so the 727 didnt come to DUS...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 18 Apr 16, 08:34Post
I heard it went to CGN?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Apr 16, 11:45Post
Zak wrote:I heard it went to CGN?

It did, fortunately Uwe Wilbeg was there:

A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Apr 16, 20:49Post
US West Coast peeps: Solar Impulse is finally due to leave Hawaii tomorrow. Hope one (or more!) of you can catch it when it reaches the mainland.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Oct 16, 18:13Post
Anybody near MAN; CX 744 B-HUI is due in at 1445 tomorrow (27th) en route to Kemble to be scrapped. CX have now withdrawn all 747s from pax service.

A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Nov 16, 13:14Post
Heads-up to our IAH members: the An-225 is inbound, ETA 1609 CST today.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 18 Nov 16, 13:48Post
I wish I was there, but I'm not in the area.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Nov 16, 13:53Post
CO777ER wrote:I wish I was there, but I'm not in the area.

Its bouncing al over the place, it was supposed to do IAH-MIA, and went to MCO instead. Sneaky Ukrainians.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 18 Nov 16, 14:28Post
Yeah, later that day, they were filing flight plans left and right. I was not even sure anymore if they really stopped at IAH.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 18 Nov 16, 16:23Post
Rumours of two BA 789s due into MAN next Thursday, one after the other. Sadly I'll be arsing about with trains in darkest Yorkshire so won't be about to catch them.

Sounds like further good news for MAN could be on the way.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.