You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

The Heads Up Thread

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Mar 14, 13:05Post
I thought it would be handy to post a thread where we could share advanced warning of any interesting traffic that might interest our

Is anybody out at Finkenwerder today/over the next few days for the unveiling and test flights of the first Asiana A380?
A million great ideas...
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 27 Mar 14, 15:36Post
For the LHR photographers, if you like your Boeings you'll get the chance to see both Delta and Ethiopian 777LRs this summer season. Delta puts them onto one of the daily Detroit flights as of the summer timetable change, and Ethioian start sending them once a week (on the weekend) later in the summer.

Aeromexico will start sending their Dreamliners to replace the 763 from May, but Air Canada has canned their planned 787 operations on one of the daily Toronto services.
vikkyvik 27 Mar 14, 16:40Post
Does anyone know when USAF C-5s tend to come into LAX? I've been wanting to get one, but never find out until after.

Thanks!
vikkyvik 31 Mar 14, 02:33Post
This guy (I think) is currently parked at LAX. No idea when it's leaving, but would be cool to catch:

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Mar 14, 11:34Post
Anybody in the MAN area this afternoon (Ed, Martin possibly?) Bayern Munich & their supporters begin arriving from around 1600 with an A343, an A346 and a Gulfstream V, amongst others.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 14, 11:52Post
I'll get there, but after dark.

BA 767 operated into MAN yesterday, don't know if that's a one-off but worth checking. Got some shots of it but can't tell if they're any good. (Unlikely!)
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 31 Mar 14, 11:53Post
JLAmber wrote:Anybody in the MAN area this afternoon (Ed, Martin possibly?) Bayern Munich & their supporters begin arriving from around 1600 with an A343, an A346 and a Gulfstream V, amongst others.

And I start work at 1700 :|
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Mar 14, 11:55Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:BA 767 operated into MAN yesterday, don't know if that's a one-off but worth checking. Got some shots of it but can't tell if they're any good. (Unlikely!)

Extra capacity for the Arsenal-City game. They were supposed to be doubling up two of the A319/320 flights but must have gone with a 767 instead.
A million great ideas...
gkirk 31 Mar 14, 16:14Post
JLAmber wrote:
ShanwickOceanic wrote:BA 767 operated into MAN yesterday, don't know if that's a one-off but worth checking. Got some shots of it but can't tell if they're any good. (Unlikely!)

Extra capacity for the Arsenal-City game. They were supposed to be doubling up two of the A319/320 flights but must have gone with a 767 instead.

Operated the 1200 LHR-MAN due to the 11am flight being cancelled
gkirk 31 Mar 14, 19:51Post
April 10th Glasgow : Emirates A380 8)
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 01 Apr 14, 09:30Post
SQ A380 in MAN today as well, LHR diversion apparently. Plus today is the first say of SV 777 ops.
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 01 Apr 14, 09:42Post
mhodgson wrote:SQ A380 in MAN today as well, LHR diversion apparently. Plus today is the first say of SV 777 ops.

Thick fog down here first thing this morning. Couldn't see more than 25m as i left home for work.
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Apr 14, 20:21Post
vikkyvik wrote:Does anyone know when USAF C-5s tend to come into LAX? I've been wanting to get one, but never find out until after.

Thanks!

There's been one coming to GUA frequently the last few weeks, and I always find out too late {vsad}
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
gkirk 05 Apr 14, 19:05Post
MON9265 LBA-SFB just departed Leeds, G-MONJ 757 with Special Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway vinyls.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Apr 14, 11:18Post
gkirk wrote:MON9265 LBA-SFB just departed Leeds, G-MONJ 757 with Special Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway vinyls.

In high density layout and going via YYT by all accounts. Sounds delightful {crazy}
A million great ideas...
Sven Grimpe 06 Apr 14, 20:42Post
JLAmber wrote:...

Is anybody out at Finkenwerder today/over the next few days for the unveiling and test flights of the first Asiana A380?

I think it takes a few more weeks until the taxi- and flighttestprogram will start.
gkirk 09 Apr 14, 07:11Post
The expected EK A380 for GLA on thursday is A6-EET.

On another note, I'll be at the Airport Pub at MAN on friday afternoon if anyone is around?
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 09 Apr 14, 14:23Post
Might be able to pop along, will see how work goes!
gkirk 09 Apr 14, 22:27Post
UA 764 for GLA tomorrow also
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 14, 11:05Post
A little bit late, but A350 at DFW:

https://twitter.com/AirbusInTheUS/statu ... 6657265664
https://twitter.com/airsnark/status/463 ... to/1/large

Then headed to Florida.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 05 May 14, 14:01Post
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 14, 14:48Post
Nice :)
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 05 May 14, 22:38Post
P4-MES is en route to DAL
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 May 14, 01:29Post
Alaska Spotters have a similar thread . . . some bizarre movements through ANC and FAI . . . almost always an alert, and most of those guys/gals work at ANC and can get airside.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
vikkyvik 06 May 14, 16:57Post
Apparently there was a U-2 over Los Angeles a few days ago.

I think that would have qualified as "heads up". {duck}