You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

The Heads Up Thread

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Nov 16, 16:10Post
mhodgson wrote:Rumours of two BA 789s due into MAN next Thursday, one after the other. Sadly I'll be arsing about with trains in darkest Yorkshire so won't be about to catch them.

They're in, loads of photos on the various MAN groups.

mhodgson wrote:Sounds like further good news for MAN could be on the way.

Or BA have run out of parking space at LHR while a couple of the 763s are decommissioned, so the spare aircraft having a day off from the US routes (due to thanksgiving) are being parked elsewhere.
A million great ideas...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 24 Nov 16, 16:36Post
Yeah, discovered the latter is the reason. That's the issue when you get info from groups full of over-excited kids :|
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Dec 16, 17:43Post
LAX peeps, your EK217 today is A388 A6-EON "LA Dodgers". Currently over northern Norway.

https://www.flightradar24.com/UAE217/bc51234
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
vikkyvik 01 Dec 16, 23:58Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:LAX peeps, your EK217 today is A388 A6-EON "LA Dodgers". Currently over northern Norway.

Damn...that's gonna arrive two hours past sunset, so probably not worth the drive for me, given that the whole specially-painted area will probably be in shadow. But thanks for the heads up!

I also didn't even know that livery existed.
vikkyvik 02 Dec 16, 03:13Post
Well, I was hoping to catch it as it passed over my house (I get a great view of tons of traffic approaching from the east at 4000-6000 feet), but it actually did a downwind from out over the ocean, and swung onto base fairly close in to LAX.

Oh well, next time maybe.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 02 Dec 16, 13:27Post
vikkyvik wrote:I also didn't even know that livery existed.

Me neither, just happened to make a random click on FR24 and that popped up.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Dec 16, 14:37Post
Apparently Medvedev's in town tomorrow. Hopefully he turns up in something interesting and they don't barricade the entire airport.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Dec 16, 10:27Post
vikkyvik wrote:
ShanwickOceanic wrote:LAX peeps, your EK217 today is A388 A6-EON "LA Dodgers". Currently over northern Norway.

Damn...that's gonna arrive two hours past sunset, so probably not worth the drive for me, given that the whole specially-painted area will probably be in shadow. But thanks for the heads up!

I also didn't even know that livery existed.

D-OTTI beat you to it {boxed}

vikkyvik 14 Dec 16, 15:12Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:D-OTTI beat you to it

He took that photo two weeks before I even knew the livery existed, so I guess that's OK. :))
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 01 Jan 17, 14:32Post
P4-MES is headed to LAX-DFW this afternoon.
vikkyvik 02 Jan 17, 02:36Post
CO777ER wrote:P4-MES is headed to LAX-DFW this afternoon.

Looks like it landed at LAX about an hour before I got there today.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 02 Jan 17, 06:11Post
For the record that DFW part was an auto correct on my phone.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Feb 17, 00:29Post
A388 at CYS 1100-1500 tomorrow, doing autolands.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 04 Feb 17, 21:52Post
Lucas wrote:A388 at CYS 1100-1500 tomorrow, doing autolands.

You may have to wipe the memories of the droids that provided you this information. {laugh}
Make Orwell fiction again.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Feb 17, 23:13Post
Lol! Turns out it was supposed to be a 747 and they gave us the MAX downgrade. :-/
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 05 Feb 17, 02:14Post
Lucas wrote:Lol! Turns out it was supposed to be a 747 and they gave us the MAX downgrade. :-/

It was still worth the drive up there, though. It was my first chance to see a "Max" in the flesh. Also, given the nature of flight test programs, unless you live in the SEA area (or Moses Lake), you gotta do what ya gotta do to get them.

Saw on Facebook that Boeing sent a 787 to COS.
Make Orwell fiction again.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jul 17, 18:20Post
If anyone is around MAN at an obscenely early hour tomorrow, the Hainan PEK-MAN is being operated by B-7302, the second of the Kung Fu Panda special liveries. Might be worth a trip to see it leave, getting there for the arrival won't happen.
A million great ideas...
vikkyvik 25 Aug 17, 13:37Post
Anyone know why there's a VS 744 (I think) parked at LGB? Prob won't be able to get a photo, as it's way across the airfield from the terminal.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Feb 18, 18:22Post
The An-225 is back in the skies and will be visiting SXF 19/20 March (subject to change). Purpose of visit unconfirmed at this point.
A million great ideas...
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Mar 18, 19:09Post
JLAmber wrote:The An-225 is back in the skies and will be visiting SXF 19/20 March (subject to change). Purpose of visit unconfirmed at this point.

This has now been shifted to Leipzig-Halle on the 27-28th March.

One visit that is confirmed is an Emirates A380 making a special one-off visit to BRU on the 19th of April:

https://twitter.com/emirates/status/969225749147410433
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Mar 20, 13:17Post
Anyone near LHR who needs KE for their Skyteam Meta, you're in luck. HL7783, a B773 in SkyTeam paint, is on its way to you - currently just north of HEL.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 25 Mar 20, 12:13Post
UR-82060 just took off from GML 20 minutes ago, after 18 months on the ground.
Destination unkown, may be a test flight.

https://www.flightradar24.com/UR82060/24453038

Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
airtrainer 29 Mar 20, 00:41Post
Zak wrote:UR-82060 just took off from GML 20 minutes ago, after 18 months on the ground.
Destination unkown, may be a test flight.

Made another GML-GML flight on friday.
Grounded...
fiatstilojtd 29 Mar 20, 12:08Post
OS1, B777-200ER (no typo) OE-LPD Spirit of Austria is, after 13 years, once again on the way from Vienna to Sydney.....but this time non-stop. Estimated flying time: 18 hours.

https://www.flightradar24.com/AUA1/244a7b18
Non vitae sed scholae discimus
airtrainer 29 Mar 20, 12:51Post
fiatstilojtd wrote:OS1, B777-200ER (no typo) OE-LPD Spirit of Austria is, after 13 years, once again on the way from Vienna to Sydney.....but this time non-stop. Estimated flying time: 18 hours.

https://www.flightradar24.com/AUA1/244a7b18

Wow !

RAF Airbus KC2 Voyager (A330-243MRTT) ZZ333 just flew over, en route from RAF Akrotiki in Cyprus.
Grounded...