You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

MIA 2015 - Save The Date

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 29 Jan 14, 12:19Post
The organizing committee met last night, and the date has been set for 2015:

14 JAN 2015 (Wednesday) through 17 JAN 2015 (Saturday)

Registration will open in June, with early registration ending 01 OCT 15. After 01 OCT 15, the registration will be non-refundable and the registration fee will be slightly higher.

Same as before, FLL and MIA ramp tours, subject to availability, and approval by the airport authority.

There will be some more swag than 2015, a shirt, a hat, patches, stickers, etc (Subject to availability). The IDs will be different, so they will be a collector's item.

I hope to see more of my fellow netAirspace.com members for this event...
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
airtrainer 29 Jan 14, 14:27Post
Woww that's a fast and excellent news {thumbsup}
Really hope to make it again {cheerful}
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 29 Jan 14, 14:33Post
We're planning early so that we don't have any hiccups like we did in 2014.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 30 Jan 14, 09:22Post
Just a note for next year:

"RW 12/30 rehabilitation project started Jan 20th after many delays. It will run around 525 days. But for the most part, it will remain open, but will have shortened take off and landing distances. There will be around 2 weeks of closure sometime during the project. In fact, there will be a part of the project that closes the intersection of RWs 9/27 and 12/30."
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 22 May 14, 12:03Post
A few more items to add, there will be an opportunity on Saturday to visit the sea plane base (X44) and sea plane rides.

There are preliminary talks to do some air-to-air photography; both formation flights and getting shots of the airliners going in and out of MIA.

A high rollers package will allow shooting from a suite overlooking the Blue Lagoon.

The work on 12/30 is progressing on schedule, and it looks like it will be done before December.

Registration will open on 01 JUN 14. Stay tuned for details.

When registering, you will have to specify what tours you want to go on. They are all tentative and subject to availability.

Any comments, questions or suggestions, post them here.

And remember, you heard it here first! :))

If you're planning on attending, add your name in this thread.
Yokes 22 May 14, 12:12Post
I´m definitly interested to attend the meet again. The posibility of air to air shots would be great! {thumbsup}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 May 14, 12:22Post
Stefan, don't book the seaplane. {boxed}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 May 14, 14:58Post
In
airtrainer 23 May 14, 07:02Post
Excellent news {thumbsup}

Interested :
Yokes
CO777ER
Airtrainer

:)
airtrainer 05 Jun 14, 23:31Post
Any news for the registration ?
I just came across an awesome deal...and booked it {cheerful}

(Additional flights to be booked)
CPH-LHR-MIA BA A319/744
FLL-PHL-LHR-OSL US A321 / BA 788/A319

All in for 251€ 8)
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 Jun 14, 23:38Post
airtrainer wrote:Any news for the registration ?
I just came across an awesome deal...and booked it {cheerful}

CPH-LHR-MIA BA A319/744

All in for 251€ 8)

The rooms are blocked for us, we are waiting on the rate. Damn, where do you find these deals Jean-Francois?
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 06 Jun 14, 02:32Post
Start with itamatrix
airtrainer 06 Jun 14, 11:21Post
There's a website (and an App.) called holidaypirates.com
Deals are posted daily and some of them are just unbelievable. They are focussed on EU departures, I think they have a sister website for the US but I can't remember the name.

;)
Yokes 06 Jun 14, 16:56Post
airtrainer wrote:
CPH-LHR-MIA BA A319/744

All in for 251€ 8)

After i got the hint from Airtrainer I booked the same trip for the same price! :)) Only the 787 flight PHL-LHR was not available anymore, so i got an earlier flight on 777.

See you in Miami!
Yankee 09 Jun 14, 06:49Post
What is MIA 2015 and where is it? I'm new here..
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 09 Jun 14, 07:26Post
Yankee wrote:What is MIA 2015 and where is it? I'm new here..

It is a convention for aviation photographers. Starts on a Wednesday and ends on a Sunday. Ramp tours at FLL and MIA. I'll post the link when I get to the office.

Welcome to NetAirSpace.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 09 Jun 14, 08:07Post
Yankee wrote:What is MIA 2015 and where is it? I'm new here..

So you can have an idea, this is from this year's event:

Link
Yankee 09 Jun 14, 12:23Post
Maybe I'll try the 2016 event.
Yokes 18 Jun 14, 08:24Post
Yokes wrote:
airtrainer wrote:
CPH-LHR-MIA BA A319/744

All in for 251€ 8)

After i got the hint from Airtrainer I booked the same trip for the same price! :)) Only the 787 flight PHL-LHR was not available anymore, so i got an earlier flight on 777.

See you in Miami!

My itinerary has changed, now flying with AA and US:

14.01. DUS-ORD-FLL with AA
23.01. FLL-PHL-FRA with US
Caroline 19 Jun 14, 11:34Post
Hi there,
I know from member yokes about this. And as I couldn't make the last times
I am very keen to attend in 2015.
My flights are already booked.

Regards from Vienna
Flo
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jun 14, 11:57Post
Registration opens 01 JUL 14.

First come, first serve.
Yokes 19 Jun 14, 15:36Post
miamiair wrote:Registration opens 01 JUL 14.

First come, first serve.

Hi Vic,

great news! Can you already say anything about the registration? One email for both tours, or several for each tour?

Dont want to miss it, as I already booked the flights. ;)
Last edited by Yokes on 19 Jun 14, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jun 14, 15:38Post
One email. You provide the tours you want to go on as well as your shirt size.
Yokes 29 Jun 14, 13:09Post
miamiair wrote:One email. You provide the tours you want to go on as well as your shirt size.

Are there any further details on the registration?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 29 Jun 14, 14:01Post
Yokes wrote:
miamiair wrote:One email. You provide the tours you want to go on as well as your shirt size.

Are there any further details on the registration?

It should be up July 1st. Nothing new to report.