You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

netAirspace Photo Contest - July Submissions

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 13 Jul 09, 07:09Post
Dear Photographers,

Time to start our July Photo Contest. Please post your photos in this thread. Rules and details can be found here: http://www.netairspace.gebenus.com/view ... f=14&t=376

This thread will be open for your submissions until 26 31 July 2009, 23:59 GMT.

The winner of our July contest will receive a copy of the book "Inside Boeing: Building the 777", by Bill Yenne.

Plus, a printed winner certificate including his photo. Second and third place will receive certificates by e-mail.

I am looking forward to your photos, and wish you good luck for the contest!

Cheers
Zak
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 13 Jul 09, 15:30Post
Here's one in the mean time...

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 13 Jul 09, 22:12Post
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
graphic 17 Jul 09, 22:53Post
N8933Egate1_1000x667.jpg
N8933Egate1_1000x667.jpg (83.67 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Airfoilsguy (Founding Member) 19 Jul 09, 17:35Post
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 28 Jul 09, 05:54Post
minuteman (Certified Expert - A320) 28 Jul 09, 09:35Post
Question: Does the photo have to be recent or can I get away with one from about 1998.....?
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 28 Jul 09, 09:45Post
minuteman wrote:Question: Does the photo have to be recent or can I get away with one from about 1998.....?

The only limitation is that every photo should be used for the contest only once. A photo from 1998 would definitely be okay for the contest.

Due to my recent computer problems (and my usual lazyness... {blush} ), I did not send any reminders for this month's contest. Unless the other contestants would object, I would like to prolong the submission deadline until friday, 31 July, 23:59 GMT. I will open the voting thread over the weekend then.

Anyway - this will be the last reminder: the contest will be closed soon, so send in your photos now. :)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
mark5388916 28 Jul 09, 17:32Post
Okay, I'll give this one a shot (it was a point and shoot for reference ;) )

Figured I'd go for something a bit different! Flew up to Big Bear on December 19th, This plane was stuck in the snow next to us when we pulled in to park.

Mark
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 28 Jul 09, 18:07Post
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
mr chips (Photo Quality Screener) 29 Jul 09, 21:09Post
I almost forgot about the contest before yesterday :( I'd love to win a book on the T7, one of my favourites aircraft :))

CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 30 Jul 09, 02:20Post
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 30 Jul 09, 14:58Post
Thanks Zak for extending the deadline. Completely lost track of the date! {embarrassed} {boggled}

Anyway, here's my submission this month:

Stiff competition this month. This is going to be a good round. :)) {cheerful}
Make Orwell fiction again.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Jul 09, 15:17Post
Wow - what seemed to become our least active month in terms of photo contest participation actually turned into our most active month within a matter of days.

Great shots, everyone! {thumbsup}
piercey 31 Jul 09, 00:13Post
I have nothing to submit, I would just like to add that it is a great book and a quality choice for a prize this month.

Just in case any of you needed extra motivation :P
From a couch in Texas
piercey in ...?
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Jul 09, 01:36Post
Well, I have to put in a submission now that I see that I still can. It's old because I didn't have time to go searching for others.

And NOT for submission, but instead your viewing pleasure in case you're interested in whether or not it was just a demonstration run:

It was very hot and smoky so the pictures came out kinda lame. My apologies.
mark5388916 02 Aug 09, 06:16Post
Hey Lucas, I've seen that P-2V out of San Bernardino for USFS Air Attack, is that near its home base in Montana?
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Aug 09, 06:50Post
mark5388916 wrote:Hey Lucas, I've seen that P-2V out of San Bernardino for USFS Air Attack, is that near its home base in Montana?

Yep, N1386C for Neptune Aviation out of Missoula. This was about 50 nm NW of MSO.

They were pretty aggressive with this fire. You'll notice in the attached photos that the fire was threatening a lot of structures. It grew to about 3000 acres in under 4 hours. The spot they were doing runs over happened to be the FS base and specifically the place where they housed their dynamite. I don't think that explosion would really be a concern due to the nature, but the buildings were threatened and it would have been expensive.

Also see a nice Orion. I met one of the pilots later on. Very cool people. You can also see for my pictures that I came very close to the aircraft at a couple times.

Notice the lead?

mark5388916 02 Aug 09, 15:58Post
Nice shots! The P-3 is one of the Aero Union guys I think that come down here as well. When we had the fires up in the mountains near San Bernardino, they were getting something like a 10 minute turn around. They are some of the best pilots I've seen in that business, however I dare not say that near the Cal-Fire (CDF) guys ;)