You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Motive Requests - Earn Extra Miles!

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 20 Dec 12, 22:36Post
vikkyvik wrote:Anyway, no problem, but how far back can we go? Cause the Polar shot wasn't exactly uploaded yesterday... {silly}

As I added in the opening post, all photos with an ID higher than 15,000 (our 1-year anniversary upload) qualify, so your Polar shot was good. :)

In the meantime, 15,000 miles go to Strike Eagle for uploading the first shot of a Qatar 787:

{thumbsup}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
vikkyvik 20 Dec 12, 23:07Post
Zak wrote:As I added in the opening post, all photos with an ID higher than 15,000 (our 1-year anniversary upload) qualify, so your Polar shot was good.

Gotcha, I missed that. Thanks.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 25 Dec 12, 23:00Post
Zak wrote:Current motive requests:

Boeing 787:
  • Any Boeing 787, in full airline colors that we don't have in the db yet (15,000 miles)
  • Currently missing: JAL, LAN, China Southern, Air India

Is this shot by Frikkie Bekker our first JAL 787 shot?

(Assuming that that pathetic excuse for a livery counts as "full airline colours" {yuck} )
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Yokes 30 Dec 12, 15:35Post
I´ve got a new Aircraft type for the database: Ilyushin Il-96-400T

Only 4 Il96-400T were build and i could take photos of 3 of them, so only one missing. Its also the complete Il96 fleet of Polet Airlines.

RA-96101:

RA-96102:

RA-96103:
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Dec 12, 23:00Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Is this shot by Frikkie Bekker our first JAL 787 shot?

Sure looks like it. {thumbsup}
15,000 miles have been added to Frikkie Bekker's account.

Yokes wrote:I´ve got a new Aircraft type for the database: Ilyushin Il-96-400T

We have a -300 in the db, but no -400T yet. {thumbsup}
I will wait for the pictures to pass screening and then add the miles accordingly.

Yokes wrote:Only 4 Il96-400T were build

I was surprised to see that there are 3 more on order. 1 by Polet, and 2 by Cielos Airlines. {bugeye} Is that order still alive? The thought of catching a Cielos Il-96-400T at MIA is just too good to be true...
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 31 Dec 12, 08:30Post
Zak wrote:I was surprised to see that there are 3 more on order. 1 by Polet, and 2 by Cielos Airlines. {bugeye} Is that order still alive? The thought of catching a Cielos Il-96-400T at MIA is just too good to be true...

If they ever will be delivered?

On this list is no hint of an order of Cielos, but there are 2 on order by Polet.

http://www.planespotters.net/Production ... /index.php
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Dec 12, 10:31Post
Zak wrote:In the meantime, 15,000 miles go to Strike Eagle for uploading the first shot of a Qatar 787:

{thumbsup}

I just learned that Broadee actually beat Strike Eagle by just 1 day / 190 uploads:

Broadee's photo was still in database screening when I checked, so it did not show up when I searched for Qatar 787s.

I added 15,000 miles to Broadee's account. Strike Eagle will keep the miles as well - can't punish others for my mistake, I guess. ;)
vikkyvik 31 Dec 12, 18:20Post
How many points do I get for the first shot of an NFL team scoring a touchdown?

I'm thinking 7000 would be a nice, fair number.

:))
Nosedive 31 Dec 12, 21:00Post
vikkyvik wrote:How many points do I get for the first shot of an NFL team scoring a touchdown?

I'm thinking 7000 would be a nice, fair number.

:))

As a Boston fan, will you cry once the Pats are eliminated?
vikkyvik 01 Jan 13, 02:08Post
Nosedive wrote:As a Boston fan, will you cry once the Pats are eliminated?

I might.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Jan 13, 23:04Post
Zak wrote:Boeing 787:
  • Any Boeing 787, in full airline colors that we don't have in the db yet (15,000 miles)
  • Currently missing: LAN, LOT, Air India

There goes another one, courtesy of Gscheidhafal:

I think that's the first, anyway.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 01 Jan 13, 23:04Post
Looks to be
vikkyvik 02 Jan 13, 16:04Post
Does the first shot of an aircraft TYPE at an airport get a bonus? I don't see it anywhere, but I keep thinking it does. Please settle my confusion so my braincells can stop battling each other over it.

More motive ideas:

A320 with double-tandem bogies a la Indian Airlines.
Not to mention, any Indian Airlines aircraft, since we don't seem to have any.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Jan 13, 16:32Post
vikkyvik wrote:Does the first shot of an aircraft TYPE at an airport get a bonus? I don't see it anywhere, but I keep thinking it does. Please settle my confusion so my braincells can stop battling each other over it.

Nope. I don't think that "new type at airport" would require a special incentive. It's not really a combination many people would be looking for.

"New type with airline" is more important. It's good to have as many type/airline combinations as possible, e.g. as illustrations for news articles.

vikkyvik wrote:More motive ideas:

A320 with double-tandem bogies a la Indian Airlines.

Again a bit too special, especially since you would not see them on every picture. So what do we do if someone uploads a picture of an aircraft with such features, but you can't see the feature in the image?

vikkyvik wrote:Not to mention, any Indian Airlines aircraft, since we don't seem to have any.

That would be covered by the "new airline" incentive, then.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 02 Jan 13, 16:40Post
Zak wrote:"New type with airline" is more important.

Would this qualify?

I believe it's the first photo of a Republic Q400 in the United Express scheme, though technically not the first for Republic since they absorbed Lynx along with F9. Further, it's not the first UAX Q400 since it's a former Colgan bird. {crazy}
Make Orwell fiction again.
vikkyvik 02 Jan 13, 17:07Post
Zak wrote:Nope. I don't think that "new type at airport" would require a special incentive. It's not really a combination many people would be looking for.

"New type with airline" is more important. It's good to have as many type/airline combinations as possible, e.g. as illustrations for news articles.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I guess I'm not "many people" though - I enjoy seeing, say, the first 787 shot at BOS, or, um, the first 748 at LAX... {boxed}

Zak wrote:Again a bit too special, especially since you would not see them on every picture. So what do we do if someone uploads a picture of an aircraft with such features, but you can't see the feature in the image?

Fair enough. How about "with at least one bogie fully visible"? :))

I just happened to search and didn't find any, so was just an idea.

Zak wrote:That would be covered by the "new airline" incentive, then.

D'oh! Obviously.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Jan 13, 17:42Post
vikkyvik wrote:I guess I'm not "many people" though - I enjoy seeing, say, the first 787 shot at BOS, or, um, the first 748 at LAX... {boxed}

I guess we misunderstood each other. I was referring to "first such shot in our db". An event like the first ever visit of a 787 at BOS would be something different.

Problem is that it will be difficult to come up with a general definition for this.

vikkyvik wrote:Fair enough. How about "with at least one bogie fully visible"? :))

I just happened to search and didn't find any, so was just an idea.

I still think this is getting too specific. There are unique aspects to many photos. If we start an incentive on one aspect, we can hardly deny starting more for others.

One thing I have in mind for the future is a (small) bonus for new regs. But only once we have more photos in the db - and once we found a method to check and award this automatically. ;)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Jan 13, 17:54Post
ShyFlyer wrote:Would this qualify?

I believe it's the first photo of a Republic Q400 in the United Express scheme, though technically not the first for Republic since they absorbed Lynx along with F9. Further, it's not the first UAX Q400 since it's a former Colgan bird. {crazy}

Hmm. Good question. How do we define 'airline'?

I'd go by livery.

So if we don't have a Q400 in United colors in the db yet, I'd say this qualifies.
If we have a Republic Q400 in other airline colors, but none in United colors, I'd say this qualifies.
If we already have a Q400 in United colors, but operated by another airline for United, I'd say no.

And since we have other UAX Q400... {sorry}
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 02 Jan 13, 18:23Post
Yeah, with the regionals it does create a lot of confusion. We already have UAX Q400s, but none flown by Republic. Since the livery isn't different (just the Operated By titles), it doesn't really count I guess.

I did upload the first (in the db) Lynx Aviation Q400:

Does this one count? :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Jan 13, 19:13Post
ShyFlyer wrote:Does this one count? :))

Yeah, that would work.
If it had an ID > 15,000... ;)
vikkyvik 03 Jan 13, 02:27Post
Zak wrote:I guess we misunderstood each other. I was referring to "first such shot in our db". An event like the first ever visit of a 787 at BOS would be something different.

No, I worded it badly. I like seeing the first PHOTO of a 787 at BOS or whatever. Makes me happy that people are at various airports capturing the latest ops.

Zak wrote:Problem is that it will be difficult to come up with a general definition for this.

Fair enough. I was just checking.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 03 Jan 13, 02:52Post
Zak wrote:
ShyFlyer wrote:Does this one count? :))

Yeah, that would work.
If it had an ID > 15,000... ;)

{facepalm}
Well, as the great Roseanne Roseannadanna once said, "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something..."
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 04 Jan 13, 01:03Post
Speaking of Indian Airlines....

vikkyvik 04 Jan 13, 05:52Post
ShyFlyer wrote:Speaking of Indian Airlines....

Perfect! Just what I wanted to see.
TUSpilot (Founding Member) 04 Jan 13, 06:09Post
I believe this is the first photo in the DB of a Skywest CRJ-200 in American Eagle colors. Also the first photo of an Eagle CRJ-200.

We live in a galaxy far far away and we STILL have to connect in ATL.