You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Motive Requests - Earn Extra Miles!

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

Nosedive 08 Dec 12, 20:35Post
Zak wrote:Okay, do we have more applicants for a weekend in the cooler? {drillsergeant}

Motive requests are serious business... {grumpy}

Really? {sarcastic} Just delete the off topic posts then. Sheesh.
Yokes 08 Dec 12, 21:00Post
Hey,

i have had a look to my archives and found some interesting pictures. The quality is not the best, as the pics are older once and I dont had luck with the weather. But they are showing some things we dont have in the database yet.

PH-AAY / Amsterdam Airlines / ceased operations in nov. 2011:

TC-TUC / Bestair / ceased operations in oct. 2009:

YL-LCB / Israir / still active, but this aircraft was scrapped in nov. 2011.

TC-JDB / Turkish Airlines / first Turkish A310 in database.

Regards
Jochen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 09 Dec 12, 08:44Post
Nosedive wrote:Really? {sarcastic} Just delete the off topic posts then. Sheesh.

Given netAirspace's long history of post deletions and bans over "low quality posts", you should have known that I was dead serious. {silly}

Yokes wrote:i have had a look to my archives and found some interesting pictures. The quality is not the best, as the pics are older once and I dont had luck with the weather. But they are showing some things we dont have in the database yet.

Nice ones! I will credit you the miles once they passed screening.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Nosedive 09 Dec 12, 13:34Post
Zak wrote:
Nosedive wrote:Really? {sarcastic} Just delete the off topic posts then. Sheesh.

Given netAirspace's long history of post deletions and bans over "low quality posts", you should have known that I was dead serious. {silly}

{blush} I should have known better; otherwise 95% of my posts are gone. Exams do funny things to my brian... Sorry!
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 09 Dec 12, 13:52Post
Nosedive wrote:Exams do funny things to my brian... Sorry!

No worries. And best of luck to Brian for his exams. {mischief}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Nosedive 09 Dec 12, 14:03Post
Zak wrote:
Nosedive wrote:Exams do funny things to my brian... Sorry!

No worries. And best of luck to Brian for his exams. {mischief}

I really need sleep. {facepalm}
Yokes 09 Dec 12, 14:52Post
I have some new airports for the database:

LPP / EFLP / Lappeenranta / Finland

AEY / BIAR / Akureyri / Iceland

EGS / BIEG / EgilsstaĆ°ir / Iceland

and another new airline:

Focus Air / N535FC / Boeing 747-200F
airtrainer 10 Dec 12, 12:29Post
Yokes wrote:i have had a look to my archives and found some interesting pictures. The quality is not the best, as the pics are older once and I dont had luck with the weather. But they are showing some things we dont have in the database yet.

Nice shots !

Here's another new for the db...

New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
vikkyvik 10 Dec 12, 15:43Post
Stefan, I don't suppose there's any way to have this kind of thing automated, is there? That is, informing you guys about uploading new regs/airlines/airports. For the most part, I just can't be bothered to check, especially if I'm uploading a bunch of photos. {boxed}

Nosedive wrote:Exams do funny things to my brian...

The answer is 50-6.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 10 Dec 12, 18:04Post
vikkyvik wrote:Stefan, I don't suppose there's any way to have this kind of thing automated, is there?

I'm sure there is. Good luck finding it. {mischief}

Seriously, anything can be automated. The crucial questions are: how much server load it will create? And, more importantly, how much of our most scarce resource - namely, developer time - will it require?

I'll add it to our idea list.
vikkyvik 10 Dec 12, 18:32Post
Zak wrote:And, more importantly, how much of our most scarce resource - namely, developer time - will it require?

Depends on how fast you work. :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 10 Dec 12, 18:53Post
If I worked on it, the database would likely fall over, and all your mileage accounts would turn negative... ;)
vikkyvik 10 Dec 12, 18:56Post
Hmmm, maybe I can buy a Jetblue ticket with negative miles....
vikkyvik 13 Dec 12, 15:56Post
Do new regs to the DB get miles? I don't remember.

Going back through a bit of my uploads...

New airport (doubt it'll pass quality screening though) - Hawthorne Municipal:

Not sure how this works - it's not an airline, but it's the first photo of this airplane (and therefore the first photo of it at LAX):

First shot of Polar at LAX:

First shot of Asiana Cargo at LAX:

First quality shot from Miramar MCAS (I'd already uploaded a couple non-quality ones):

First shot of Air Berlin at LAX:

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:19Post
Yokes wrote:PH-AAY / Amsterdam Airlines / ceased operations in nov. 2011:

+2500 miles

TC-TUC / Bestair / ceased operations in oct. 2009:

+2500 miles

YL-LCB / Israir / still active, but this aircraft was scrapped in nov. 2011.

+2500 miles

TC-JDB / Turkish Airlines / first Turkish A310 in database.

+1000 miles

Credited miles posted above. Thanks a lot for the uploads! {thumbsup}
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:24Post
Yokes wrote:LPP / EFLP / Lappeenranta / Finland

+5000 miles

AEY / BIAR / Akureyri / Iceland

+2500 miles

EGS / BIEG / EgilsstaĆ°ir / Iceland

+5000 miles

and another new airline:

Focus Air / N535FC / Boeing 747-200F

+5000 miles

Credited miles posted above.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:29Post
airtrainer wrote:Here's another new for the db...

Unfortunately - no, sorry. We had a few Libyan Arab Airlines photos already, including an A320 and a shot from them at MAN:

airtrainer 16 Dec 12, 23:38Post
Zak wrote:
airtrainer wrote:Here's another new for the db...

Unfortunately - no, sorry. We had a few Libyan Arab Airlines photos already, including an A320 and a shot from them at MAN:

Oops, missed these ones ! You ruined my day :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:40Post
vikkyvik wrote:Do new regs to the DB get miles? I don't remember.

No, that would be a bit too much, I'm afraid. Maybe later, when we have more photos in the db. :)

vikkyvik wrote:New airport (doubt it'll pass quality screening though) - Hawthorne Municipal:

+2500 miles

Not sure how this works - it's not an airline, but it's the first photo of this airplane (and therefore the first photo of it at LAX):

I'm afraid that doesn't fit into any bonus category - sorry!

First shot of Polar at LAX:

+1000 miles

First shot of Asiana Cargo at LAX:

Nope, sorry - 6 more Asiana Cargo shots from LAX in the db, even all yours. ;)

First quality shot from Miramar MCAS (I'd already uploaded a couple non-quality ones):

Nope again, I'm afraid - there are several shots from Miramar in the db already, including quality ones (though that's not even a criteria).

First shot of Air Berlin at LAX:

And another nope - 4 more AB shots from LAX, all yours. ;)

Credited miles posted above.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:40Post
airtrainer wrote:Oops, missed these ones ! You ruined my day :))

No worries. And I ruined Vik's day even more... :))
airtrainer 16 Dec 12, 23:45Post
Zak wrote:
airtrainer wrote:Oops, missed these ones ! You ruined my day :))

No worries. And I ruined Vik's day even more... :))

You're so rude !
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:51Post
airtrainer wrote:You're so rude !

Just processing mile requests with German efficiency... well, I guess that's pretty much the same. :))

One more detail, to clarify - the 4 new general motive incentives apply only to new uploads, not retroactively to shots that were uploaded to the db earlier on.

Sorry for that, but everything else would be too much, I'm afraid. In the early stages of the photo db, pretty much every photo was new in a way.

I added the new incentive to the opening post and set the deadline for the extra mile requests to all photos with an ID higher than 15,000.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:56Post
Finally, a bit of good news - our first photos of a United 787:

I split the miles up between both photos, as the first one doesn't show the full colors, and the second one didn't pass quality screening. Hope that's okay for both photogs.

7,500 miles have been credited both to CO777ER and vikkyvik. {thumbsup}

(This was one of the specific motive requests from the opening post, so the ID #15,000 deadline doesn't apply for this one.)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Dec 12, 23:59Post
And in case you are wondering what to do with all the miles - how about rewarding yourself with a discount at the Chicken Wings online shop? :)

http://www.netairspace.cc/miles/
vikkyvik 17 Dec 12, 05:11Post
Zak wrote:One more detail, to clarify - the 4 new general motive incentives apply only to new uploads, not retroactively to shots that were uploaded to the db earlier on.

Ah, well I'm assuming that's why the shots I posted don't get a bonus.

Cause for the Asiana Cargo/LAX, the Miramar shot, and the Air Berlin/LAX, I picked the first shot I uploaded of those, since I was the only one who'd uploaded (or I was the first uploader). For example, there are 4 shots of Air Berlin at LAX, all taken by me.

Anyway, no problem, but how far back can we go? Cause the Polar shot wasn't exactly uploaded yesterday... {silly}