You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Motive Requests - Earn Extra Miles!

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 31 Aug 12, 16:53Post
Wanted: Romney's Mad Dog (no, not the one on the roof).
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Aug 12, 17:01Post
miamiair wrote:Wanted: Romney's Mad Dog.

Wouldn't a picture of Clint Eastwood be off-topic here? :))

As I can see, it's an MD-83. Does anybody know the reg?
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 07 Sep 12, 10:22Post

That's 15,000 miles for africaspotter. {thumbsup}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
airtrainer 07 Sep 12, 11:06Post
Zak wrote:That's 15,000 miles for africaspotter. {thumbsup}

This beauty (the 787, not africaspotter :)) ) will visit BRU on monday, Brussels Airport is offering a private visit to 60 lucky Facebook fans but I'm not selected {cry}
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 07 Sep 12, 11:17Post
Zak wrote:
As I can see, it's an MD-83. Does anybody know the reg?

Either N949NS or N831US.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 07 Sep 12, 11:33Post
Zak wrote:

That's 15,000 miles for africaspotter. {thumbsup}

when they sent into JNB, for once i wasn't there... {grumpy}
vikkyvik 13 Sep 12, 20:15Post
miamiair wrote:Wanted: Romney's Mad Dog (no, not the one on the roof).

Looks like we got it:

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 14 Sep 12, 08:39Post
Two new requests have been added:

Any SpiceJet aircraft (5,000 miles)
An Airbus A320 with Sharklets (5,000 miles)
airtrainer 28 Oct 12, 05:54Post
Zak wrote:Two new requests have been added:

Any SpiceJet aircraft (5,000 miles)
An Airbus A320 with Sharklets (5,000 miles)

Any new request(s) for november ?
vikkyvik 03 Dec 12, 16:53Post
airtrainer wrote:Any new request(s) for november ?

Or December?

I'd like to see how else I'm unable to earn miles. :))
airtrainer 03 Dec 12, 18:28Post
vikkyvik wrote:I'd like to see how else I'm unable to earn miles. :))

Guilty {silly}
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 04 Dec 12, 20:58Post
Hey, there still are a couple of unanswered motive requests on the list. And new 787s are being delivered all the time now. BA's A380 is due soon. And even the A350 made a first appearance. Why aren't all these motives in the db yet? {snooty}

;)

Seriously, I hardly find the time to illustrate the Daily these days (the position of a news editor is still open as well ;) ), so I don't notice what motives we are still missing in the db.

But how about that:

• Every photo of a new-to-the-db airline (with a recognizable color scheme, no all-white charter operators) earns you 5,000 miles (2,500 if it doesn't pass quality screening).
  • Every photo from a new-to-the-db airport (with at least an IATA code) earns you 5,000 miles (2,500 if it doesn't pass quality screening).
  • Every first photo of a retro scheme or new full airline color scheme or full special scheme (full = full paint job, not just a special sticker) earns you 2,500 miles (1,250 w/o quality).
  • Every "first photo of this aircraft type with this airline" combination and every "first photo of this airline at this airport" combination earns you 1,000 miles (500 w/o quality screening).

Browse your archives for stuff that we don't have yet - upload it - earn extra miles. {cheerful}

Only 1 bonus per photo, though - naturally, if you upload a photo of a new airline, it is also the first of that airline at that airport. So you will only get the "new airline" bonus then. ;)

And please keep posting photos that qualify for any bonus here in this thread. There is no way we can check proactively if a photo qualifies or not.

And since I am not always online these days - if you haven't received your miles latest a week after posting a photo, do feel free to remind me. There's every chance I missed your shot. ;)
Nosedive 04 Dec 12, 21:07Post
Zak wrote:Hey, there still are a couple of unanswered motive requests on the list. And new 787s are being delivered all the time now. BA's A380 is due soon. And even the A350 made a first appearance. Why aren't all these motives in the db yet? {snooty}

;)

Seriously, I hardly find the time to illustrate the Daily these days (the position of a news editor is still open as well ;) ), so I don't notice what motives we are still missing in the db.

But how about that:

• Every photo of a new-to-the-db airline (with a recognizable color scheme, no all-white charter operators) earns you 5,000 miles (2,500 if it doesn't pass quality screening).
  • Every photo from a new-to-the-db airport (with at least an IATA code) earns you 5,000 miles (2,500 if it doesn't pass quality screening).
  • Every first photo of a retro scheme or new full airline color scheme or full special scheme (full = full paint job, not just a special sticker) earns you 2,500 miles (1,250 w/o quality).
  • Every "first photo of this aircraft type with this airline" combination and every "first photo of this airline at this airport" combination earns you 1,000 miles (500 w/o quality screening).

Browse your archives for stuff that we don't have yet - upload it - earn extra miles. {cheerful}

Only 1 bonus per photo, though - naturally, if you upload a photo of a new airline, it is also the first of that airline at that airport. So you will only get the "new airline" bonus then. ;)

And please keep posting photos that qualify for any bonus here in this thread. There is no way we can check proactively if a photo qualifies or not.

And since I am not always online these days - if you haven't received your miles latest a week after posting a photo, do feel free to remind me. There's every chance I missed your shot. ;)

Any chance of retro-active bonuses {mischief}?
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 04 Dec 12, 21:16Post
Nosedive wrote:Any chance of retro-active bonuses {mischief}?

Sure. Post a new retro-jet and you'll get an active bonus. {silly}
Nosedive 04 Dec 12, 21:39Post
Zak wrote:
Nosedive wrote:Any chance of retro-active bonuses {mischief}?

Sure. Post a new retro-jet and you'll get an active bonus. {silly}

*rimshot!*
vikkyvik 04 Dec 12, 23:11Post
Zak wrote:Sure. Post a new retro-jet and you'll get an active bonus

If I post an active jet, can I get a retro bonus?
Nosedive 05 Dec 12, 01:38Post
vikkyvik wrote:
Zak wrote:Sure. Post a new retro-jet and you'll get an active bonus

If I post an active jet, can I get a retro bonus?

:)) So when are we allowed to give each other funny props again?
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 05 Dec 12, 02:16Post
Nosedive wrote:funny props

Hey! Leave the 1900D out of your shenanigans! {mad}
Make Orwell fiction again.
Nosedive 05 Dec 12, 04:30Post
ShyFlyer wrote:

You know damn well that my shenanigans know no boundaries! {mad}
vikkyvik 05 Dec 12, 04:48Post
Nosedive wrote:So when are we allowed to give each other funny props again?

That sounds......not straight.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 05 Dec 12, 04:53Post
Nosedive wrote:
ShyFlyer wrote:

You know damn well that my shenanigans know no boundaries! {mad}

Pull the throttles back just a bit
graphic 08 Dec 12, 08:12Post
CO777ER wrote:Pull the throttles back just a bit

Balls to the wall break out of the stall gotta win the brawl for the load we gotta haul
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Dec 12, 11:30Post
graphic wrote:Balls to the wall break out of the stall gotta win the brawl for the load we gotta haul

A rolling reversal would work well in that situation...
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Nosedive 08 Dec 12, 15:26Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
graphic wrote:Balls to the wall break out of the stall gotta win the brawl for the load we gotta haul

A rolling reversal would work well in that situation...

COA320NEO, while I take full responsibility for butchering your name, I take no responsibility for these shenanigans :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 08 Dec 12, 16:32Post
Okay, do we have more applicants for a weekend in the cooler? {drillsergeant}

Motive requests are serious business... {grumpy}