Our photo database is growing constantly, and with it, the motive variety.
But every now and then, we do not find the right picture, e.g. to illustrate a news item in the netAirspace Daily. Also, more variety is always a good thing.
Thus, we offer following miles rewards for uploading motives that are new to the database. All photos with an ID higher than 25,000 qualify for the bonuses.Regular motive bonuses:
- New airline - 5,000 miles. Every photo of a new-to-the-db airline* qualifies for this bonus.
- New airport - 5,000 miles. Every photo from a new-to-the-db airport* qualifies for this bonus.
- New colors - 2,500 miles. Every first photo of a retro scheme, new full airline color scheme or full special scheme* qualifies for this bonus, if the color scheme is fully visible in the photo.
- New airline/aircraft combination I - 5,000 miles. Every "first photo of an A350 / A380 / 747-8i / 787-8 / 787-9 / CSeries for this airline" showing a full airline color scheme* qualifies for this bonus.
- New airline/aircraft combination II - 1,000 miles. Every "first photo of this aircraft type* with this airline", involving other types than the above mentioned, qualifies for this bonus.
- New airport/airline combination - 1,000 miles. Every "first photo of this airline at this airport" combination qualifies for this bonus.
A few definitions:
- Airline: an operator with a recognizable color scheme. No all-white aircraft or single aircraft charter operators. The airline in a specific photo is defined by the colors. E.g. an aircraft in Condor colors that is operated by SmartLynx is considered a Condor aircraft.
- Airport: an airfield that at least had an active IATA code when the photo was taken.
- Special color scheme: a full special livery or special motive, not just a small sticker or a clown nose.
- Full airline color scheme: a fully painted livery; aircraft that are still partially in primer colors, or that show remains of old liveries do not count as "in full airline colors".
- Aircraft type: e.g. A330-200, Boeing 737-800 etc. An A330-343X is considered a new type for an airline that only operated A330-200 before, but not for an airline that also operates A330-323.
Please note that new regs do not qualify for extra Miles bonuses.Special motive requests:
- Canadian Airlines "Proud Wings" livery (20,000 miles per type - sponsored by ShanwickOceanic) Got: 747 A320
- "Flying HONU": First homepage-worthy shot of an ANA "turtle" A380 in full paint, 25,000 miles per airframe (sponsored by ShanwickOceanic)
Only the first photo is eligible for an award. If a photographer uploads several photos of the same motive, they will be credited only once. If a photo with the requested motive is already in the database, new photos will not qualify. However, if several photographers upload the same motive within less than 24 hours, all of them will receive miles.
If a photo qualifies for several bonus categories, you will receive only 1 bonus, for the highest category.
Please post photos that qualify for any bonus here in this thread. There is no way we can check proactively if a photo qualifies or not. So we need you to apply for the bonus miles.
Happy motive hunting!
Last edited by ShanwickOceanic
on 26 May 18, 09:21, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Added ANA A380 bounty
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.