You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Cirium issues awards for 2023

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Mark 04 Jan 24, 14:54Post
Aviation analytics company Cirium has crunched the numbers to reveal which airlines and airports around the world had the best on-time ratings for 2023.

The overall prize for Most Punctual Airline was won by Avianca. The airline nabbing the title of most punctual in South America was Copa. The most on-time airline in Asia was Japan’s All Nippon Airways (ANA). In North America, it was Delta Air Lines, while Iberia Express won the title for Europe. The most punctual airline in the Middle East and Africa was Oman Air.

According to Cirium, the best airport in the world for punctuality in 2023 was Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) in Minnesota USA.

The most punctual medium-sized airport was Osaka International (ITM) in Japan.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/most-punctua ... index.html
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 09 Jan 24, 20:23Post
Interesting. I wonder if South American airlines have more generous scheduling to account for the particular challenges of the continent and therefore appear more punctual than airlines running to much tighter schedules in North America, Europe and SE Asia?
A million great ideas...
PA110 (Founding Member) 16 Jan 24, 17:15Post
JLAmber wrote:Interesting. I wonder if South American airlines have more generous scheduling to account for the particular challenges of the continent and therefore appear more punctual than airlines running to much tighter schedules in North America, Europe and SE Asia?

Based on recent experience, flights within Peru, Chile, and Ecuador generally run on time, with very few delays. By comparison, I don't think a single flight I've ever taken from Heathrow has ever left the gate less than 15 minutes behind schedule.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.