You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Ural A320 Force-Lands in Field

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 12 Sep 23, 09:46Post
https://www.euronews.com/2023/09/12/ura ... in-siberia

A Russian passenger Airbus A320 flying from the Black Sea resort of Sochi to the Siberian city of Omsk with 167 people on board made an emergency landing in a Siberian field on Tuesday, officials said.

Russia's aviation has been hard hit by Western sanctions over Moscow's Ukraine offensive.

Authorities released footage of the Ural Airlines plane in a field next to a forest in the Novosibirsk region, saying there were no casualties.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
HT-ETNW 13 Sep 23, 20:27Post
Transcript from https://www.aero.de/news-45837/Airbus-A320-landet-in-Sibiren-auf-freiem-Feld.html

Flight aborted approach into its scheduled destination Omsk and was diverted to Novosibirsk; according to Russian officials it ran out of fuel en-route.

-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
DXing 26 Sep 23, 15:11Post
Looks like they are preparing to have it take off from the field. Latest pictures show the slides all stowed, engines being serviced. It's doable. 2 pilots, min fuel to make the nearest airfield. Turn the aircraft around, set the brakes, max thrust, old fashioned soft field takeoff and away she goes. The ground was strong enough to support the landing and rollout, if it hasn't rained a lot the ground will still be strong enough to withstand the takeoff. It'll be bumpy, but probably no worse than a lot of taxiways in the old Soviet Union.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
captoveur 26 Sep 23, 16:54Post
DXing wrote:Looks like they are preparing to have it take off from the field. Latest pictures show the slides all stowed, engines being serviced. It's doable. 2 pilots, min fuel to make the nearest airfield. Turn the aircraft around, set the brakes, max thrust, old fashioned soft field takeoff and away she goes. The ground was strong enough to support the landing and rollout, if it hasn't rained a lot the ground will still be strong enough to withstand the takeoff. It'll be bumpy, but probably no worse than a lot of taxiways in the old Soviet Union.

What I have been seeing indicates they are going to wait for the field to freeze.. which probably isn't too many weeks away.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
darrenvox 26 Sep 23, 19:38Post
wasn't there an accident like this with same airline a few years ago
https://darrensfs9site.weebly.com
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 27 Sep 23, 11:52Post
DXing wrote:...set the brakes, max thrust...

Something you don't want to do, unless you're going to put some sort of deck panel to prevent FOD.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Sep 23, 13:15Post
darrenvox wrote:wasn't there an accident like this with same airline a few years ago

Yes, back in 2019 they had a dual engine failure due to bird strikes. Everyone walked away from that one as well, but the aircraft was cut up on site IIRC.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Oct 23, 20:25Post
Due to the restrictions placed on Russia by the EU, Ural are desperate to get this aircraft back into service. The engines have been swept and various "checks" done (having dealt with Russian aerospace before, I'm sceptical), meaning a take off attempt is imminent.

A local farmer has set up cameras and will be going live on OF, such is the confidence that this will go horrifically wrong!
A million great ideas...