You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

BCN Bound DAL A350 Diverted For Biohazard

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 04 Sep 23, 21:47Post
F5IxZG0WYAA3Nai.jpg
Flight Strip
F5IxZG0WYAA3Nai.jpg (89.45 KiB) Viewed 8143 times

A Delta Airbus A350 had to return to Atlanta after a passenger apparently had a very bad case of diarrhea. The flight landed back in Atlanta after about two hours. After five hours cleaning the cabin and finding a new crew, the aircraft once again took off to Barcelona, where it arrived eight hours behind schedule.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/delta-f ... -diarrhea/

That plane will be marked for life.
Make Orwell fiction again.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 Sep 23, 11:03Post
For more context:

Audio Link
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Sep 23, 12:39Post
Imagine being that passenger. That's a much more exclusive mile-high club.
captoveur 05 Sep 23, 14:59Post
Lucas wrote:Imagine being that passenger. That's a much more exclusive mile-high club.

The most legendary patient in our gastroenterology clinic did his colonoscopy prep on his flight the night before.

Apparently it was traumatic for him and the cabin crew.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 Sep 23, 10:27Post
You decide:

Link
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
paul mcallister 06 Sep 23, 23:12Post
ShyFlyer wrote:
F5IxZG0WYAA3Nai.jpg

A Delta Airbus A350 had to return to Atlanta after a passenger apparently had a very bad case of diarrhea. The flight landed back in Atlanta after about two hours. After five hours cleaning the cabin and finding a new crew, the aircraft once again took off to Barcelona, where it arrived eight hours behind schedule.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/delta-f ... -diarrhea/

That plane will be marked for life.

Skid-marked you mean -lol I`ll get my coat.
Mark 07 Sep 23, 11:35Post
miamiair wrote:You decide:

Link

Can you imagine how sore the passengers' butts and backs would be after an 8.5 hour flight sitting in those seats on a good day?
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
paul mcallister 07 Sep 23, 19:29Post
Mark wrote:
miamiair wrote:You decide:

Link

Can you imagine how sore the passengers' butts and backs would be after an 8.5 hour flight sitting in those seats on a good day?

Gives a whole new meaning to the term, crap seats. Lol, I`ll get my other coat as well. ;)
captoveur 11 Sep 23, 17:17Post
Imagine being the phantom pooper.. Your medical problem was international media fodder for a week.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Oct 23, 20:31Post
captoveur wrote:Imagine being the phantom pooper.. Your medical problem was international media fodder for a week.

There is some suggestion (and by some suggestion, I mean he's been named) that this was a diver heading for Ebro. Having spent a few hours at FL-.4 and then heading elsewhere at FL370, I can conform the muscular adjustments can cause pretty catastrophic movements {boxed}
A million great ideas...
captoveur 12 Oct 23, 14:31Post
JLAmber wrote:
captoveur wrote:Imagine being the phantom pooper.. Your medical problem was international media fodder for a week.

There is some suggestion (and by some suggestion, I mean he's been named) that this was a diver heading for Ebro. Having spent a few hours at FL-.4 and then heading elsewhere at FL370, I can conform the muscular adjustments can cause pretty catastrophic movements {boxed}

So funny story.. I was just reading about research NASA did with this when they were developing their neutral buoyancy simulators. In addition to the regular dive tables, NASA also developed tables for going from depth to altitude. They were having problems when astronauts flew back to Houston from the first tank in Alabama.