You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Aleutian Airways

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Mar 23, 18:49Post
So for you really seriously hard core av-geeks, tell me about this operation. Very little to glean. There web sight says little to nothing. The parent company is a Flight School in JAX.

When I pressed for info, I got the cold shoulder.

They are using Saab 2000s ANC-DUT-ANC. Not a new a/c on that run, but not since PenAir splashed one into the bay at the end of the runway - apparently, the wreck is still there.

Anyway, curious. They are competing directly with Northern Pacific Airlines, dba Ravn Alaska . . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Raybin 08 Apr 23, 17:31Post
I just found an old pic of the Saab 2000 flying for Aleutian Airways.
It was at ELLX/LUX in 2007 flying for Skyways and is now 26 years old
Be human, stay human
When flying, the dangerous thing is the earth (Wilbur Wright)
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Apr 23, 11:42Post
Seems to be co-owned by Alaskan Seaplanes and one of the gold mining ventures, and operated by Sterling.

Looking at the routes, it's all fishing industry destinations so they're probably filling in the gaps left by PenAir's demise flying boat crew and process workers around. I recall some of the Deadliest Catch lot mentioning that those flights can be very expensive so it should be lucrative if done right.

Nice livery too. Someone get up to the frozen North and get a few shots of that!
A million great ideas...
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Apr 23, 14:42Post
JLAmber wrote:Seems to be co-owned by Alaskan Seaplanes and one of the gold mining ventures, and operated by Sterling.

Looking at the routes, it's all fishing industry destinations so they're probably filling in the gaps left by PenAir's demise flying boat crew and process workers around. I recall some of the Deadliest Catch lot mentioning that those flights can be very expensive so it should be lucrative if done right.

Nice livery too. Someone get up to the frozen North and get a few shots of that!

There is an aviation geek photo group on FB based in Anchorage. Don't know if we have any of them as members here, but they are quite active. I'm sure they'll have pics soon.

Aleutian is running headlong into Ravn/Northern Pacific in some of their markets. I'll be interested to see how that plays out.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!