You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Major Airline?????

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 25 Aug 22, 15:41Post
When I saw the headline, I was thinking, what did I miss? Then reading the article I saw the airline and thought, who the heck wrote this???

(bold is mine)

Countless flight delays and cancellations have occurred from the beginning of this year throughout the summer, frustrating customers and airline staff alike. One major airline, ExpressJet Airline is facing bankruptcy due to a combination of economic challenges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/a-major-airline-is-going-bankrupt/ar-AA113tyJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e030598dd7eb45a78b7abace1d6a8ed2

I worked for Express Jet a number of years ago when they tried the independent airline business the first time. Their luck was just unbelievably poor as fuel spiked just after they got going. The planes were full, but even full they couldn't overcome the cost structure increase due to fuel prices. The difference then was that they still had a huge contract with CO to do their regional flying.

The samething has done them in for the for a second time, but now they have no back up actual major airline to fall back on. Sad to see it go but once they lost the contract flying with UA the handwriting was on the wall.

Still....Major Airline? {laugh} {laugh} {laugh}
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Aug 22, 09:18Post
Saw the same headline, read the same article . . . . chuckled as well.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!