You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Condor 2022, New Year New Paint . . .

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Apr 22, 00:02Post
https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/cond ... ew-livery/

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/bea ... 38.article

Drinking straws with wings or genious? You decide.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 Apr 22, 08:58Post
Bach's candies.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DXing 05 Apr 22, 16:19Post
As I said elsewhere, the blue and white livery will be almost camouflaged in a scattered to broken sky.

I saw a couple of other comments elsewhere, "The brand name is buried", really, you think once someone asks for the first time what airline is that, that they will ever have to ask again? One I agree with, over time it's going to look like a patchwork once any of a number of winglet, doors, access panels, or the nose cone has to be replaced.

This is supposed to be a vacation airline. I'd post a picture after coming down the airstairs at my destination with that plane in the background. Good for them to realize what their demographic and niche is and avoiding trying to play as though they are stuffy and elegant.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
PA110 (Founding Member) 05 Apr 22, 18:15Post
I think it's brilliant. They've actually leaned into the joke about Germans and lounge chairs.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Apr 22, 19:53Post
The red & white livery is going to be hard to find, might get lost in a crowd :))

It definitely stands out:

A million great ideas...
Mark 05 Apr 22, 21:40Post
My first thought...

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 05 Apr 22, 22:28Post
5db77db872088.jpg
5db77db872088.jpg (133.11 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Will the flight crew be wearing safety vests and hard hats?
Make Orwell fiction again.
darrenvox 07 Apr 22, 16:23Post
i thought it was an april fools joke at first but not anymore
https://darrensfs9site.weebly.com
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 22, 19:50Post
I like airplanes which are easy to see.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Apr 22, 19:18Post
The blue one is out of paint:

I'm sure this one is very popular with fans of QPR.

Lucas wrote:I like airplanes which are easy to see.

Do you handle many fully cloaked Klingon Warbirds?
A million great ideas...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Apr 22, 20:27Post
JLAmber wrote:
Do you handle many fully cloaked Klingon Warbirds?

You misspelled "every Learjet in existence."
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Apr 22, 07:33Post
Lucas wrote:You misspelled "every Learjet in existence."

Also Diamond TwinStars, going on what the guys at Provo told me. Damn near impossible to spot and Tower hated them for it. This was made even worse by the fact that they could pretty much only be painted white or lighter grey, which worked just great against the mountains (and would have made finding a downed one all the wrong kinds of fun).

The school were also planning to retrofit their entire fleet with more powerful engines, because climbing on a single engine was by no means assured. Oh, and for actual IFR they'd take a bunch of students to California because these things didn't like ice very much.

Pretty, though.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
DXing 20 Apr 22, 13:25Post
JLAmber wrote:The blue one is out of paint:

Yeah, that's going to be invisible in a scattered to broken sky and hard to spot in a sky with few clouds.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 22, 14:44Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
Lucas wrote:You misspelled "every Learjet in existence."

Also Diamond TwinStars, going on what the guys at Provo told me. Damn near impossible to spot and Tower hated them for it. This was made even worse by the fact that they could pretty much only be painted white or lighter grey, which worked just great against the mountains (and would have made finding a downed one all the wrong kinds of fun).

The school were also planning to retrofit their entire fleet with more powerful engines, because climbing on a single engine was by no means assured. Oh, and for actual IFR they'd take a bunch of students to California because these things didn't like ice very much.

Pretty, though.

The uni crowd up at Logan also uses the same planes, and yes, they are hellish. I worked out a standardized route of flight with them last month. We have enough MORs as it is, and invisible Diamonds going every which way, but mostly through the arrival and departure corridors, adds needless workload during peak.

Provo is a hopping little airport given the ATCS staffing there. I am acquiring a controller who used to work there, KAF, Kabul Center, Saudi Arabia, etc. Glad to have it as the last guy washed and we're at about a 50% success rate, factoring in those who quit the first two weeks it's busy.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 22, 20:55Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Also Diamond TwinStars, going on what the guys at Provo told me

Thankfully they're equipped with engines from a 90's Mercedes taxi so you can hear them from the next time zone.

Back to the Condor rebrand, an A332 in partial paint has hit the DB. Meh set to maximum, definitely need to see this one in finished colours:

A million great ideas...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 21 Apr 22, 00:22Post
Some design firm got paid a lot of money for this. {facepalm}
Make Orwell fiction again.