You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Difference in Airline airport lounges

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 27 Mar 22, 13:38Post
I read this article with some bemusement. I've been fortunate enough to visit several airline lounges including both UA's regular as well as Polaris lounge. The Polaris lounge was nice, but maybe it was still too new when we were there because I don't remember a dining room. It was less crowded than the regular club and the furniture was nicer but other than that, it's still just a place to wait, quieter, with easier ways to get food and drink, but just a place to wait.

Have your experiences been better?

And I loved this line....

There are standard run-of-the-mill membership lounges — dubbed the United Club and Admirals Club, respectively

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-airlines-polaris-lounge-access-frustration/

"Run of the mill"...tell that to someone who's been schlepping around on a two connection itinerary who has been delayed yet again. That person would probably consider it anything but run of the mill. But then the article is right that the times I've been in both the Newark and Chicago clubs, it was as busy as the gate area and not much quieter.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?