You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Jumbo Stay, Eat Your Heart Out...

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Feb 22, 18:19Post
Plans have been revealed which could see a giant Airbus A380 ‘superjumbo’ airliner turned into a hotel in Toulouse, France.

The newspaper La Depeche broke the news along with some images of how it might look.

It reveals how businessman and former Airbus engineer Frédéric Deleuze hopes to site the A380 near the city’s MEETT convention centre, just to the north of Toulouse Blagnac airport, and turn its interior into a mix of deluxe and leisure rooms – 31 in total.

https://www.airportspotting.com/plans-f ... -toulouse/

https://www.projet-envergure.com/ (in French)
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 16 Feb 22, 14:31Post
So the ugliest plane in the sky becomes the ugliest hotel on the ground.

Nice.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Feb 22, 14:35Post
Hey, if you stay in it, you don't have to look at it!
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
halls120 (Plank Owner) 21 Feb 22, 10:49Post
Queso wrote:So the ugliest plane in the sky becomes the ugliest hotel on the ground.

Nice.

Second ugliest hotel on the ground. Winner of that prize is the "Guitar Hotel" in South Florida. :))
At home in the PNW and loving it
bhmbaglock 21 Feb 22, 15:46Post
halls120 wrote:
Queso wrote:So the ugliest plane in the sky becomes the ugliest hotel on the ground.

Nice.

Second ugliest hotel on the ground. Winner of that prize is the "Guitar Hotel" in South Florida. :))

They're doing another in Vegas. I'm fairly certain it will be worse.
paul mcallister 21 Feb 22, 23:57Post

Nice.

I always think the Beech 1900 is an ugly brute, same sort of oversized big forehead look to it as the A380, Bleugh.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 Feb 22, 00:58Post
paul mcallister wrote:

Nice.

I always think the Beech 1900 is an ugly brute, same sort of oversized big forehead look to it as the A380, Bleugh.

The 1900 wasn't terribly bad.

The 1900D on the other hand...

And random while I was searching comment-

I worked on this aicraft...or around this aircraft....wonder what it is doing in Colombia? :))

A sister ship-

Keep in mind I call the 1900 not ugly when I originally had these things to deal with-

Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
paul mcallister 22 Feb 22, 03:40Post
Yeah the 1900D model hit every branch of the ugly tree.

As for the Metroliner, they weren`t so bad, gangly undercarriage and not fun to attach/remove an air-start to/from.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 Feb 22, 18:55Post
paul mcallister wrote:As for the Metroliner, they weren`t so bad, gangly undercarriage and not fun to attach/remove an air-start to/from.

GQ Metro IIIs and 23s luckily had the GPU plug back by the MLG...

We had two Metro IIs with the GPU plug right on the nacelle. Yeah...that was always entertaining.

No...no it wasn't.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 23 Feb 22, 00:58Post
I like the 1900D. I wanted to start my flying career in one. {boxed}
Make Orwell fiction again.