You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

BA 777 loses door at CPT.

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 27 Jan 22, 20:39Post
This will take a few days to fix. Had something similar happen at IAH years ago and the whole door frame had to be replaced.

https://twitter.com/IvanLeonZA/status/1486374541228224515
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jan 22, 21:04Post
So am I understanding correctly, they towed it with the door open and it snagged on the jetway? (As opposed to being hooked up and having the jetway move.)
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
DXing 27 Jan 22, 23:19Post
That's it. They attempted to move the aircraft to a remote stand and failed to check door closed, jetway retracted. From the tug drivers position there would be no clear view of the jetway position but a basic walk-around would have detected that.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 02 Feb 22, 02:33Post
In Alaska, we used to run Super Cubs with the doors open and DeHavilland Beavers with the side door off and things sticking out that would not completely fit in the cockpit, like fuel tanks and 4-wheelers.

I'm just not seeing the big deal here. It's not like they don't have more than enough O2 masks. And can't a 2nd side door be MEL'ed?
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.