You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

AA says fuel shortages hitting nationwide

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 27 Jul 21, 00:47Post
The company I work for has seen a number of smaller western and especially mountain resort airports have fuel shortages to the point we have had to tanker enough in to either make it to the next destination or just get out of that airport to get to a nearby airport that has fuel. This was supposedly due to the wildfires affecting deliveries. Wasn't surprised by that news as it seems almost every airport west of the rockies reports FU in the TAF or METAR every day now. The eastern airports, especially the big ones, did catch me by surprise. I would assume that any very large metropolitan airport would be serviced by a pipeline rather than trucks.

Glad I'm not having to plan 737-9 flights into hot and high conditions while trying to tanker fuel. That was always a challenge.

American Airlines on Monday warned its pilots of a fuel shortage and asked them to conserve fuel when possible, according to a company memo obtained by CNBC.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/aviation/564896-american-airlines-warns-of-fuel-shortages-asks-pilots-to
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?