You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Dassault Falcon 10x On The Horizon

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 08 Jul 21, 13:06Post
Since I've switched to business jets I've been playing catch up on the models and types. This caught my eye....I'll take two please....

Debuted in May, the $75 million Falcon 10X — with a top speed of Mach .925 and range of 7,500 nautical miles — appears to offer a similar value proposition to Bombardier and Gulfstream's flagships, which boast similar capabilities in range and speed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-dassaults-falcon-10x-will-be-category-killer-coolest-features-2021-7

The cabin alone is to die for. I'm interested in the single pilot concept. Although not truly "single" pilot, it seems to be completely feasible to have one pilot in rest while one monitors during extended cruise periods. I'd like more info on the "one" throttle for two engines. I'm guessing that in order to shut down an engine, you cut the fuel and electrical power and the computer takes care of the rest? In any case, it would be a hoot to be able to own and, more importantly, be able to afford to operate one.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 08 Jul 21, 13:35Post
Toys for Big Boys. Lifestyles of the rich and shameless.

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Fumanchewd 10 Jul 21, 00:56Post
I don't get the name, there was a Falcon 10/100 series back in the 70's, not sure about the plan to use the number again. But then again they would hardly be confused, the Falcon 10 was much smaller. It was the fastest private (or commercial) jet for decades until the Citation X came along.

Can I tell everyone for the 100th time how I flew on a Falcon 2000 from SDL to OGG with just myself, a good friend, and a 12 pack? :))
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Florida Metal 11 Jul 21, 03:48Post
What happened to the 9X? Too bad it isn't a trijet like the 7X and 8X