You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Stobart Air ceases trading

All about Airlines and Airliners.

paul mcallister 12 Jun 21, 14:53Post
Stobart Air, which operates Aer Lingus' regional services, including those from Belfast and some from Dublin, failed to find a buyer and is being liquidated.

More Here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57451845
paul mcallister 13 Jun 21, 17:44Post
Aer Lingus have operated some of the effected flights directly until a deal with another operator can be worked out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57459006
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 13 Jun 21, 18:47Post
With Stobart and flyBe gone there's definitely room for a new operator to make their move. Not sure Eastern could handle the expansion taking over the Lingus regional routes would require and I'm not overly convinced investors would be excited by the prospect, but there's definitely an opportunity there as things open up.

paul mcallister wrote:Aer Lingus have operated some of the effected flights directly until a deal with another operator can be worked out.

The TATL-layout A321LRs are running regional routes at the moment. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd be tempted to take a little detour to DUB.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Jun 21, 22:01Post
JLAmber wrote:The TATL-layout A321LRs are running regional routes at the moment. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd be tempted to take a little detour to DUB.

Lie-flat business class on some of those ridiculously short hops? Cool.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Jun 21, 20:58Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
JLAmber wrote:The TATL-layout A321LRs are running regional routes at the moment. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd be tempted to take a little detour to DUB.

Lie-flat business class on some of those ridiculously short hops? Cool.

Funnily enough, Noel MG/Philips/InFlight Video has since posted a video of exactly that on a DUB-LHR run:

£120 for the leg apparently {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...