You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Flying Pet Peeves

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Mark 20 Mar 21, 15:25Post
Forgot one. A BIG one...

Applauding during or after landing.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Mar 21, 15:17Post
PA110 wrote:
captoveur wrote:if you know you are going to be peeing all the time, im confident the person in the aisle seat will gladly swap with you

I flew SFO-YYZ on the aisle, and girl (early 30s) at the window got up to pee almost every 10-15 minutes. After the 5th time, I offered to switch seats. I didn't giver her any looks and tried to remain pleasant and accommodating. She said she really wanted the window (the shade was down the whole time). She just wanted to prop her head against it when not peeing. It was really annoying. I tried again about an hour later, this time mentioning how frequently she gets up. I got a very snotty "Sorry it's such an inconvenience" from her. She didn't get up again until we landed.

Probably throwing blow up her nose . . . . piss on her (no pun intended) . . . let her climb over.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Mar 21, 21:59Post
Another addition to the list:

The morons deplaning while on the phone trying to juggle all their stuff.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Mar 21, 23:43Post
bhmbaglock wrote:Agree with a lot of these. One I didn't see mentioned was people putting carry on bags under a seat not in front of them. I've had multiple instances where I get to my seat and there's already a bag under the seat in front of me. First few times, I tried reasoning with people then escalating to FAs. Now I just grab it and toss it in the aisle and let God sort it out.

I saw the first instance of this yesterday. It was also a HUGE, 65L Osprey with stuff attached to the outside, too. A flight attendant came along and told the guy that no, he was not allowed to block someone into their seat with a bag...and also that said bag could never qualify as being fit for the cabin.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Mar 21, 09:04Post
bhmbaglock wrote:One I didn't see mentioned was people putting carry on bags under a seat not in front of them.

Me, yesterday. Sat in the exit row of the ATR, and my perfectly reasonable backpack wasn't going to fit in the overhead bin dedicated to exit-row passengers without being jumped on repeatedly (because it's an ATR bin). The FA told me I could put it under my own seat because nobody was sitting behind me.

Then someone sat behind me. {facepalm}

I think she'd have let him ride all the way to Oulu with nowhere to put his feet, if I hadn't asked about it. In the end, she moved him and my bag stayed put.

Why someone would deliberately choose to leave their bag out of their sight and within easy reach of complete strangers is beyond me, even allowing for the fact that they're selfish asshats.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 22 Mar 21, 19:38Post
CRJ200

/thread
Make Orwell fiction again.