You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Living At Airports: Months To Years

All about Airlines and Airliners.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 Mar 21, 17:35Post
How some people can end up living at airports for months – even years – at a time

In January, local authorities arrested a 36-year-old man named Aditya Singh after he had spent three months living at Chicago’s O'Hare International Airport. Since October, he had been staying in the secure side of the airport, relying on the kindness of strangers to buy him food, sleeping in the terminals and using the many bathroom facilities. It wasn’t until an airport employee asked to see his ID that the jig was up.

Singh, however, is far from the first to pull off an extended stay. After more than two decades studying the history of airports, I’ve come across stories about individuals who have managed to take up residence in terminals for weeks, months and sometimes years.

Interestingly, though, not all of those who find themselves living in an airport do so of their own accord.

Link
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
airtrainer 05 Mar 21, 17:48Post
Interesting article, there was also a guy stuck at KUL for a while last year, don't know how his story ended...
Grounded...
darrenvox 06 Mar 21, 00:58Post
wow, ya ive heard of that kind of stuff happening, watch what you bring into/past customs...

reminds me of the move "terminal"

:) :)
https://darrensfs9site.weebly.com
DXing 06 Mar 21, 01:43Post
Not sure how accurate it is but any person transiting through BRU on the way to some African destinations has to hope that their flight into BRU is on time. Some of the African flights only operate 2x or 3x weekly and if you miss your connection you can evidently be in a pickle as with no transit visa, you have to stay in the transit lounge. That's what I've been told anyway.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?