You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

easyJet To Charge For Overhead Lockers

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 02 Dec 20, 15:27Post
EasyJet customers who want to use overhead luggage lockers will have to buy more expensive tickets.

In a move which provoked criticism on social media, Easyjet said the changes to its luggage policy will start on 10 February.

Customers who don't buy the more expensive tickets will be restricted to putting a small carry-on bag under their seat.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55156512

Starts from 10th of February, and applies even if you bought your ticket already {crazy}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
paul mcallister 02 Dec 20, 18:25Post
I think this is a good idea, too many passengers bring cases on to aircraft which are clearly too big and then cram them into the overhead lockers. It takes more time to board and get off flights. Cabin crew are meant to take large bags off pax and have them loaded in the hold, but they rarely do so.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 02 Dec 20, 18:31Post
paul mcallister wrote:I think this is a good idea, too many passengers bring cases on to aircraft which are clearly too big and then cram them into the overhead lockers. It takes more time to board and get off flights. Cabin crew are meant to take large bags off pax and have them loaded in the hold, but they rarely do so.

Then do away with the overhead bins... Not going to happen. Pretty soon you'll be able to sleep up there if they upgrade the attach points. If they pay for it, and people will, than it is a non-issue.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
paul mcallister 02 Dec 20, 23:17Post
It would not bother me if they did away with overhead bins. I don`t use them, maybe it`s not such an issue with US flights, but in the UK it certainly is.

Too many people chance their arm brining on cases which are clearly too big and should go in the hold, then as soon as the seatbelt signs go off, they are up blundering around trying to find something in their case. It`s damned annoying and often creates tension and arguements on flights.
DXing 09 Dec 20, 12:19Post
I remember my first flight on an airliner. CLE/SFO on a United DC-8 stretch. We sat in the club seats and there weren't any overhead bins. There was an overhead rack for coats and hats and that was it. Perhaps airlines should go back to those days. It sure would speed up boarding and deplaning. Not sure what the total weight of overhead bins are but if the airlines were willing to do away with blankets and pillows to save weight.....

Still think airlines should just charge by the pound for checked luggage.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?