You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

A cool video of low-flying jets that I found

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Mark 24 Jul 20, 15:23Post
Found on Ebaums World. It's 8 minutes long. Very cool.

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Jul 20, 15:45Post
Is the one where the tree top came off real?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 24 Jul 20, 17:13Post
Short final to land does not count! {grumpy}

1:49 is pretty much what I got at work, the week the Buccaneers retired. Although obviously that was a Buccaneer.

We were known to be "fast-jet friendly" so we got all sorts of sharp pointy things. My all-time favourite was the guy who did his civilian instrument rating with us, then brought a Tornado through by way of thanks. While training at our place, he'd heard about the woman who'd moved into the cottage off the departure end of 21 and immediately started phoning ATC any time a Cessna 150 practised engine failure after take-off. So our man does a wonderful low pass in his Tornado, then stands it on its tail right over this old bat's house and punches the burners. He swears he levelled off, inverted, at exactly 5,999' and didn't bust the airway....

Lucas wrote:Is the one where the tree top came off real?

Given what I felt from that Bucc: Definitely plausible. Looked like some quite large and quite dead leaves.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Jul 20, 18:50Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Short final to land does not count! {grumpy}

1:49 is pretty much what I got at work, the week the Buccaneers retired. Although obviously that was a Buccaneer.

We were known to be "fast-jet friendly" so we got all sorts of sharp pointy things. My all-time favourite was the guy who did his civilian instrument rating with us, then brought a Tornado through by way of thanks. While training at our place, he'd heard about the woman who'd moved into the cottage off the departure end of 21 and immediately started phoning ATC any time a Cessna 150 practised engine failure after take-off. So our man does a wonderful low pass in his Tornado, then stands it on its tail right over this old bat's house and punches the burners. He swears he levelled off, inverted, at exactly 5,999' and didn't bust the airway....

Lucas wrote:Is the one where the tree top came off real?

Given what I felt from that Bucc: Definitely plausible. Looked like some quite large and quite dead leaves.

Dang, I'm jealous of that experience. Now we did have a commander who took off the top of a tree once...in a C130. Different reason for that, and as it turned out, it was his fini-flight. :D