You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

LH Bailout

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 May 20, 18:36Post
Maybe I missed this somewhere but it's on my newsfeed about 1300(L)(CST).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ge ... spartandhp

The German Government has agreed to bail pout LH, with terms and conditions.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 May 20, 21:35Post
Seems they're hoping the EU won't point out that an airline group who already tread the fine line of what is an allowable monopoly probably shouldn't have an unfair financial advantage to help them sustain that monopoly:

The aid package for Lufthansa … must not be endangered by Brussels overregulation

{facepalm}
A million great ideas...
airtrainer 26 May 20, 22:27Post
While Lufthansa is likely feeling relieved to have secured its enormous €9bn bailout package, it seems the European Commission expects it to pay the price for the help. The EC is reported to be requesting Lufthansa to give up some of its valuable slots at Frankfurt and Munich, as well as moving some of its aircraft out of Germany.

full article
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
DXing 27 May 20, 16:31Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Maybe I missed this somewhere but it's on my newsfeed about 1300(L)(CST).

What time is it? ;) :))

The aid package for Lufthansa … must not be endangered by Brussels overregulation

Anybody for Gexit?? {laugh} {laugh} {laugh}

I don't begrudge them the loans and bailouts. This problem was not caused by mismanagement but by something entirely out of their control. The ULC's complaining don't offer what some people want. They should just stick to the trash bag and cooler for luggage crowd and be happy.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?