You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Frontier To Sell The Middle Seat For $39

All about Airlines and Airliners.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 20, 15:41Post
Frontier Airlines sell the middle seat for $39

Frontier Airlines announced a new option for passengers that are willing to travel during the COVID-19 pandemic. The ultra-low-cost carrier will offer travelers the ability to purchase the middle seat if they wish to do so.

The option, called More Room, is not to ensure passenger health and safety, but rather an option to offer “extra peace of mind or simply additional comfort,“ stated Frontier Airlines‘ CEO Barry Biffle.

The airline indicated that the price for the empty middle seat will start at $39 per passenger per flight. The offer is available to flights that depart between May 8 and August 31, 2020. Frontier Airlines will free up 18 middle seats in order for passengers to be able to purchase them.

Link
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 20, 16:05Post
Cunning. Nothing stopping them selling it twice.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
DXing 05 May 20, 16:06Post
I wish them luck. Wonder what their load factors look like since on airlines reporting, the aircraft are almost empty to begin with. The problem is not so much getting a seat, or even a flight, as it's what to do once your get to your destination. So many things are still closed down that it's kind of a waste to even fly anywhere.

I'm surprised at this point that the FAA hasn't stepped in and said that the middle seats have to remain unoccupied for the time being. As little sense as that makes. I wonder if I buy the extra seat at $39 if I can use my discount den privileges to bring an extra bag on board?
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
Fumanchewd 05 May 20, 17:57Post
At this point, they can probably charge extra to lay down in the carry-on bins. They can call it the Quarantine Executive Suite.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 20, 18:59Post
European business class is generally nothing more exciting than blocking out the middle seat, throwing a hot meal at you, and maybe some free drinks. In the current situation, many airlines are forgoing the meal and the drinks trolley, ostensibly in the name of crew safety; Finnair gives you a bottle of water and maaaybe a sandwich.

So... woohoo, $39 upgrade to business class on Frontier! {crazy}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.