You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Aerion Supersonic On The Move

All about Airlines and Airliners.

DXing 02 May 20, 01:48Post
I looked in the daily but didn't see anything about this. Not GA..Not Airline...

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2020-04-24/aerion-supersonic-chooses-floridas-mlb-airport-new-hq

Aerion Supersonic is moving its headquarters from Reno, Nevada, to a new $300 million campus at Florida’s Melbourne International Airport (MLB)

In 2015, Aerion told AIN that its U.S. manufacturing location for its Mach 1.4 AS2 would eventually be on the East or West Coast, within 200 nm of an offshore supersonic flight-test area.

That is one beautiful design. Hope to see it flying one day. Going to get busy at MLB if things pan out.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ConcordeBoy 27 May 20, 05:18Post
In 2015 . . .

Can pretty much just stop reading at that point.

In the half-decade since, they've changed the design proposal five times, they've changed big-name partners three times, have received no additional public commitments, and still don't know where (and entirely, with what) they're going to build this thing.

Would be so cool if this ever pans out, but not going to get excited until I see one lined up with a runway ready for a test flight. :(
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!
~ConcordeBoy
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 May 20, 07:08Post
And Baltia Airlines just ordered 300 for their BER hub.

ConcordeBoy wrote:Would be so cool if this ever pans out, but not going to get excited until I see one lined up with a runway ready for a test flight.
{check}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.