You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Coronavirus: Civil Aviation Impact

All about Airlines and Airliners.

IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 15 Mar 20, 22:01Post
Zak wrote:If my company still exists by then, that is... {boxed}

I'm fortunate enough that my company benefits from situations like this. When people are staying home, they play video games.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Mar 20, 09:36Post
Finnair cuts capacity by 90%:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finn ... l/11259244
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
eatrem77 16 Mar 20, 11:00Post
How to stop the spread of coronavirus

source: https://creazilla.com/nodes/18821-stop- ... rms-vector
helvknight (Founding Member) 17 Mar 20, 10:20Post
OS have stopped all operations from 18.3.2020 :o

https://www.austrian.com/Info/Flightinf ... g=en&cc=CH
Hire Engineers to drive the vision and execute a plan. Hire MBAs to shuffle the papers and work in sales. Hire Accountants to manage your staff working a viable livable wage, and never have either an Accountant or an MBA run your company. - Steve Jobs
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 20 Mar 20, 02:53Post
AA is getting into the pure cargo game. Given that trans-atlantic flights have/will be cut, I guess there's money to be made. Their twitter posted a note that they will be flying DFW-FRA.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Mar 20, 13:03Post
Rumor disseminated to us the potential cessation of all US passenger travel and concomitant shutdown of ATC services.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 25 Mar 20, 12:29Post
Descriptions are in German, but I guess these 16 pictures speak for themselves:

https://www.spiegel.de/auto/luftfahrt-i ... 182543a663
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
DXing 25 Mar 20, 13:38Post
Just flew CLE-ORD. Both airports were ghost towns. Flight had about 20 people on it. Reminded me of the late summer in 2001, just before 9/11.

I also noticed UA is finally getting some use out of the D concourse. Using it to store aircraft.

CO777ER wrote:AA is getting into the pure cargo game. Given that trans-atlantic flights have/will be cut, I guess there's money to be made. Their twitter posted a note that they will be flying DFW-FRA.

UA is doing the same.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 26 Mar 20, 14:19Post
Miami Air files for Chapter 11.

Link
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 26 Mar 20, 18:56Post
My own ADS-B tracking over the last month...

ADSB 032620.PNG
ADSB 032620.PNG (18.92 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
airtrainer 26 Mar 20, 19:25Post
Clear blue sky today over Belgium, hard to see any contrails {cry}
Grounded...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Mar 20, 20:13Post
Queso wrote:My own ADS-B tracking over the last month...

ADSB 032620.PNG

Wowzers.

We were also told about BSK today.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 27 Mar 20, 01:56Post
miamiair wrote:Miami Air files for Chapter 11.

Link

Dang.

I flew on them once in...1998. Fairly dingy 727-200...HLN-SFB via MCI. Was an interesting ride for sure.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 31 Mar 20, 20:59Post
The "bleeding" continues, my ADS-B stats for the month of March 2020, daily numbers are down 63% since 3/11.

ADS-B March 2020.PNG
ADS-B March 2020.PNG (19.08 KiB) Viewed 4091 times
DXing 31 Mar 20, 22:32Post
airtrainer wrote:Clear blue sky today over Belgium, hard to see any contrails {cry}

I noticed on descent into Chicago the other day that the perpetual brown haze you could see at 10 to 15 thousand feet on down is gone. Blue sky to the horizon. So the lack of car and air traffic is having an almost immediate effect.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 02 Apr 20, 17:18Post
DXing wrote:
airtrainer wrote:Clear blue sky today over Belgium, hard to see any contrails {cry}

I noticed on descent into Chicago the other day that the perpetual brown haze you could see at 10 to 15 thousand feet on down is gone. Blue sky to the horizon. So the lack of car and air traffic is having an almost immediate effect.

Same in Los Angeles. I had to make a drive up to Santa Monica a couple of days ago, and was very surprised at how the normal LA smog has disappeared so quickly.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
fiatstilojtd 07 Apr 20, 15:42Post
Germanwings will disappear from the market for good.
Non vitae sed scholae discimus
HT-ETNW 08 Apr 20, 05:34Post
fiatstilojtd wrote:Germanwings will disappear from the market for good.

Germanwings was not "on the market" anymore in recent times. All that had remained were flight operations under this name while customers were booking with resp. expecting to fly with Eurowings.
IIRC it had been speculated since a while that LH would shut down Germanwings, as they were said to have higher costs (due to various factors) than other entities operating flights for Eurowings.
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Yokes 09 Apr 20, 11:36Post
This is the current situation in FRA. Two of four runways are closed. Rwy 07L is used to park LH´s A330/A340s. Most of the remaining traffic is cargo.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 10 Apr 20, 14:38Post
Latest ADS-B daily tracking numbers from my location...

ADSB traffic 041020.PNG
ADSB traffic 041020.PNG (21.05 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Apr 20, 12:23Post
Queso wrote:Latest ADS-B daily tracking numbers from my location...

ADSB traffic 041020.PNG

Flattening the curve!
fiatstilojtd 12 Apr 20, 17:00Post
https://twitter.com/brazzanews/status/1 ... F400810883

Local POLICE OFFICER stationed at Brazzaville Maya-Maya Airport shoots at departing AF Airbus A330 operating a repatriation flight back to Paris with approx. 100 passengers on board.
Non vitae sed scholae discimus
airtrainer 15 Apr 20, 07:26Post
IATA Sees Two Possible Exits From Current Crisis
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is currently seeing two possible recovery scenarios from the coronavirus pandemic. The most likely is a V-shaped recovery lasting over the next few years. Nevertheless, there’s a third recovery which would be the worst-case scenario...

Full article
Grounded...
DXing 15 Apr 20, 14:08Post
airtrainer wrote:IATA Sees Two Possible Exits From Current Crisis
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is currently seeing two possible recovery scenarios from the coronavirus pandemic. The most likely is a V-shaped recovery lasting over the next few years. Nevertheless, there’s a third recovery which would be the worst-case scenario...

Full article

Does the U or L shape spell the instant demise of the A380 and any remaining B747's?

Will Boeing have finally sorted out the 737max by the time airlines start picking up domestically?

During this time will Boeing use the opportunity to develop a new MOM aircraft?

Will flying revert to it's glamour days?

Or will it just picked up where it left off, a 21st century of Greyhound?

Stay tuned to this bat channel for answers....
halls120 (Plank Owner) 19 Apr 20, 08:03Post
DXing wrote:
Does the U or L shape spell the instant demise of the A380 and any remaining B747's?

Will Boeing have finally sorted out the 737max by the time airlines start picking up domestically?

During this time will Boeing use the opportunity to develop a new MOM aircraft?

Will flying revert to it's glamour days?

Or will it just picked up where it left off, a 21st century of Greyhound?

Stay tuned to this bat channel for answers....

1. Probably, with the exception that the B747F will last a bt longer.
2. Maybe
3. Doubtful. First, they don't have the $$, and second, where's the demand?
4. Nope.
At home in the PNW and loving it