You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

What's Flying Over You Part Deux

All about Airlines and Airliners.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 16:32Post
Resurrecting the old theme for a new run of interesting overhead traffic.

Just spotted Norwegian Long Haul's DY(NAX)7045 EI-LNG (Edward Munch tail :o ) flying LGW-FLL for the first time. Haven't seen one of those overhead before.
A million great ideas...
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 17:11Post
The local spotters say KE62 (B777 from GRU to LAX) can sometimes be seen from here, but I have yet to see it myself :(
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
AndesSMF (Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 17:50Post
A Canadian AF A310 just flew overhead... {boggled} {bugeye}

Fortunately, I get interesting traffic overhead daily. ADS-B FR24 coverage for California just keeps getting better and better. {cheerful}
Einstein said two things were infinite; the universe, and stupidity. He wasn't sure about the first, but he was certain about the second.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Aug 14, 18:07Post
Just north of Oban, getting a lot of the westbound transatlantics today. Saw DL's breast cancer 767 earlier.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 18:22Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Just north of Oban, getting a lot of the westbound transatlantics today. Saw DL's breast cancer 767 earlier.

Nice, Oban sees most of the BA LHR-Canada traffic overhead if memory serves.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Aug 14, 21:28Post
JLAmber wrote:Nice, Oban sees most of the BA LHR-Canada traffic overhead if memory serves.

It would, except the weather's usually pants :)

After some experiments this afternoon with Woman's point-and-shoot and a pair of binoculars, I might have a go at catching some of them if the weather plays ball.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 21:35Post
Nothing overhead here at the moment . . .

But there's a B789 test flighting (I'm sure) from KBFI to KPAE a(just crossed into Canuck airspace over southeast Yukon Territory and it's projected to make a huge turn over Alaska. Won't get to see it tho, what with this crap weather. {grumpy}
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Boris (Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 22:04Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Nothing overhead here at the moment . . .

But there's a B789 test flighting (I'm sure) from KBFI to KPAE a(just crossed into Canuck airspace over southeast Yukon Territory and it's projected to make a huge turn over Alaska. Won't get to see it tho, what with this crap weather. {grumpy}

I looked it up on Flightaware; check out the test flight from a few days ago, almost 10K miles in 18 hours... {crazy}

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE1 ... /KBFI/KBFI
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
AndesSMF (Founding Member) 04 Aug 14, 23:35Post
ANCFlyer wrote:But there's a B789 test flighting

Had the pleasure of having Boeing test flights 5 minutes from here quite often! {cheerful}

Seen most of the latest models more than once.
Einstein said two things were infinite; the universe, and stupidity. He wasn't sure about the first, but he was certain about the second.
vikkyvik 04 Aug 14, 23:50Post
Saw a Random Blackhawk (/Nighthawk/Seahawk/AtlantaHawk/whatever) fly over the other day. Saw a Random Sea Knight fly over a couple weeks ago.

Sometimes they're stopping at Torrance Municipal, other times they're just flying on by. Sometimes they're cruising down the beach for no reason at all. Oh well, I can't complain.

Actually I can complain. I never have my camera handy when it happens (except at the beach).

Other than that, I have no idea what's flying over at high altitudes. I assume some U-2s, probably some drones.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 05 Aug 14, 15:29Post
NCR535, a National Air Cargo 757 is flying near me right now enroute from MUGM to KSFB That's Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to Orlando, Florida, in case you don't know.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NCR535

capture29036.png
capture29036.png (165.82 KiB) Viewed 21161 times
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Aug 14, 15:46Post
Queso wrote:NCR535, a National Air Cargo 757 is flying near me right now enroute from MUGM to KSFB That's Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to Orlando, Florida, in case you don't know.

Going the scenic route? {crazy}
A million great ideas...
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 05 Aug 14, 17:50Post
The currently longest scheduled airline flight in the world is just about to pass over me.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA7
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 06 Aug 14, 15:49Post
LH A346 diverting into MAN now (LH434 MUC-ORD)
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 Aug 14, 16:37Post
mhodgson wrote:LH A346 diverting into MAN now (LH434 MUC-ORD)

That took a really strange route in, I think they were looking to go to NCL originally.

Seems to be Air France o'clock overhead at the moment, AF10, 26 & 338 all flying over us in the last few minutes.
A million great ideas...
Cadet57 10 Aug 14, 00:39Post
Had a UA A319 crank over my house this morning at 1am enroute to IND on a charter from Westover.
gkirk 11 Aug 14, 11:39Post
LOT 787 SP-LRC operated into NCL yesterday on a troop charter from YYC
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 18 Sep 14, 17:01Post
Just saw a newly painted AA 752. Didn't know those were getting the new paint job.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Sep 14, 18:49Post
CO777ER wrote:Just saw a newly painted AA 752. Didn't know those were getting the new paint job.

AA tweeted the first one a few days ago and I believe there are only two in total currently, so that was a nice spot.
A million great ideas...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Sep 14, 17:03Post
I've seen N185AN twice now in 24 hours
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Sep 14, 17:22Post
It's headed to MIA arriving at 520ish.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Sep 14, 17:36Post
It's the Southport Airshow this weekend, so pretty much anything that regularly displays on the UK circuit will be flying over at some point. So far we only have a pair of Typhoons, a pair of Tucanos, and a Sea King on the ground.

Hopefully the weather is good enough for me to get out and actually get some shots this time.
A million great ideas...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 21 Sep 14, 15:39Post
N187AN (AA 752) is in the new livery. Just caught the re-entry into service flight from Roswell. It looks like the intl configured 757s are getting the new livery before the domestic ones. So if you haven't seen the oneworld 757 now is the time to get it.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Sep 14, 11:17Post
Something of a rarity overhead at the moment - KLM 744M in the KLM asia livery, flying MEX-AMS.
A million great ideas...
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Sep 14, 18:12Post
Fokker F50 OO-VLO, on charter to some Norwich fans who didn't fancy the nine hour drive home (no motorways in their part of the world), just flew over after taking off from BLK.

Those old Rotol props make such a smoother sound than our usual ATRs :)
A million great ideas...