You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

What's Flying Over You Part Deux

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Feb 18, 15:07Post
Just watched this Sun D'Or go overhead, out of RVN for TLV:

My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 25 Feb 18, 22:50Post
99-6143 the white 757 just left DAL.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Mar 18, 09:20Post
https://www.flightradar24.com/FIN5ZY/10b53dec

Finnair E190 holding at FL100 just off OUL. No idea what that's all about, but it's unusual, to say the least.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Mar 18, 11:17Post
I checked the board and all the Arctic Airlink flights showed as cancelled, so I dashed out to the airport half-expecting to find a CR2 in the mud. Instead, I got to see some F-18s. Way more interesting than the office.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 03 May 18, 15:42Post
UR-CAK, AN12, grumbling over at 17,000' DSA-CMN. Such a distinctive noise!

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Mark 03 May 18, 17:08Post
We get these every couple of days flying overhead between ANC and CLT.

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 May 18, 10:51Post
Mark wrote:We get these every couple of days flying overhead between ANC and CLT.

Interesting.

May very well be what I saw yesterday whilst tending to the grill, so I didn't check Flightaware. It was certainly a four banger and it was on a north/south track - unusual for this area. We see a lot of the west/east traffic (normally the AA or UA coast to coast flights) but occasionally see north/south traffic.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 07 May 18, 12:44Post
Mark wrote:We get these every couple of days flying overhead between ANC and CLT.

Wonder why they are going into CLT on a regular basis?
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 May 18, 12:56Post
ORFflyer wrote:Wonder why they are going into CLT on a regular basis?

CHS perhaps?

ANCFlyer wrote:north/south track - unusual for this area

Funny, it's the exact opposite here in OUL, almost everything is north/south. Long skinny country. Pretty much anything that goes over here is for RVN, KTT or IVL (unless it goes RAAAAAAAAAAAA, in which case it's the ATR72 for KEM), and is probably out of HEL if it's not a Santa job. Most of the long-haul stuff tends to pass well south of here, either Europe-Far East on a north-easterly track or the ME3 birds heading north-west for SFO/LAX. When I do see something long-haul overhead, it's very often been PIA. Occasionally Aeroflot, but it seems to be cheaper for them to remain in Russian airspace and just head around the north of Finland and Norway.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 May 18, 13:00Post
ORFflyer wrote:

Wonder why they are going into CLT on a regular basis?

Probably be CHS, I saw several of them parked there a few months back when I was at an Army Reunion at Patriot's Point. Saw one arrive when we were departing to CLT-ORD.

Question is, why ANC?
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 May 18, 13:19Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Question is, why ANC?

Fuel stop on the way over from Japan, I think.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 07 May 18, 13:21Post
CHS does make more sense. I hadn't thought about that.
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 28 May 18, 19:51Post
SkyTaxi SF340A SP-MRB just buzzed us on apparoach to BLK from WRO. Rumoured to be here for trials in preparation for a new start-up who are planing pax service from BLK.
A million great ideas...
gkirk 24 Jun 18, 19:52Post
There was a Bhutan Air A319 in at Newcastle a few days back. Ex Frontier I believe ferrying TPA-KEF-NCL-ATH-DEL-Paro
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 24 Jun 18, 20:20Post
JLAmber wrote:SkyTaxi SF340A SP-MRB just buzzed us on apparoach to BLK from WRO. Rumoured to be here for trials in preparation for a new start-up who are planing pax service from BLK.

That'd be good to see. Seems the airport is getting back on its feet again!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Mark 07 Jul 18, 19:47Post
Heard a different sound overhead. Checked the radar and this is what it was:

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 31 Oct 18, 09:46Post
Keeping a close eye on AF267, which FR24 thinks has come all the way across Russia before taking a hard right that points it almost directly at OUL.

https://www.flightradar24.com/AFR267/1e65c45c

It makes no sense on the face of it, especially with HEL at roughly the same distance and on track. Going with FR24 glitch for the moment, but ready to dash out to the airport...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 31 Oct 18, 10:15Post
...and a hard left at the Finnish border, taking it over Kajaani on BA8's usual route.

Some nasty rain showing up in southern Finland, so that might be the reason:

http://www.nordicweather.net/sadetutka.php

Two Lufties and two Finnairs behind it on the original track, let's see what they do.
vikkyvik 20 Nov 18, 15:46Post
Was outside work yesterday afternoon in our little woodshop, watching approaches to SNA helping some coworkers. Work is 2 miles from the runway. So by the time they reach us, the jets are all configured, etc.

Well, except for the business jet I saw yesterday. I think it was G650, though I'm not great at identifying business jets. But it was pretty low (seemed maybe 50-100 feet lower than the typical 500-600 feet overhead). And most noticeably, its landing gear was not extended. Flaps yes, gear no.

I walked around the corner of the building so I could see what was going to happen. By the time I saw it again, gear was down. At that point, it would have been at probably 300 feet, close to a mile away.

It was just so odd to see a sizeable jet, on final approach at 500 feet, approaching the runway as I see dozens of airplanes do every day, but without its gear down.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 26 Nov 18, 09:06Post
Normally it's the air ambulance that flies right past my office. Today it was an F-18. Lucky swine.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Nov 18, 10:43Post
https://www.flightradar24.com/MLT828/1eaf9d8a

This Malta-registered B735 bizjet, headed south out of IVL:

And the usual Norwegians and Finnairs headed up to the far north. Not much chance of seeing any of them at the moment, though...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Nov 18, 10:50Post
Further south, a couple of GA birds taking full advantage of Finland's OH_ prefix:
hmm.png
hmm.png (101.46 KiB) Viewed 3562 times
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Nov 18, 14:58Post
The boys are back in town... F-18 driver out of OUL apparently enjoying himself to the north-east.

https://www.flightradar24.com/HN046412/1eb2de88
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 28 Nov 18, 16:11Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Further south, a couple of GA birds taking full advantage of Finland's OH_ prefix:
The attachment hmm.png is no longer available

When you don't invite this guy:

oreally.jpg
oreally.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 10 Jan 19, 09:30Post
An A350's at OUL. And I'm at work. Dagnabbit! {hissy}

ohlwc.png
ohlwc.png (412.45 KiB) Viewed 3374 times

I would've guessed that this was due to some weather-related disruption earlier this week, but the weird routing and flight number suggests that it may be training.

Either way: {grumpy}