You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

What's Flying Over You Part Deux

All about Airlines and Airliners.

vikkyvik 26 Mar 15, 21:49Post
bhmbaglock wrote:Easy to tell the difference, sponsons are almost full length on the Chinook ( ~ 75%) but not much more than fairings for the rear landing gear on the CH-46. Also, CH-46 has only a single nose gear vs two for the Chinook.

I know, but when I'm driving, and they're only in view for under 10 seconds about 3/4 mile away, I don't always notice those details. ;)
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Apr 15, 01:35Post
Saw a Martinair Cargo MD11 on its way out this afternoon. Good thing I heard it and stopped before crossing the street and not in the middle of it :))
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 10 Apr 15, 14:45Post
There is a A225 headed to Houston this afternoon. I'm in Dallas {grumpy}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Apr 15, 15:15Post
CO777ER wrote:There is a A225 headed to Houston this afternoon. I'm in Dallas {grumpy}

It flew over about 20 miles South of here, coming from Leipzig I believe.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airpl ... 0/#5f74968
A million great ideas...
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 10 Apr 15, 15:43Post
FR24 is not showing it at the moment but I am watching offshore from St Johns hoping it will pop-up soon. In the meantime...

An-225.png
An-225.png (102.71 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 10 Apr 15, 17:08Post
Here's something you don't see very often! Not just one but TWO passenger 747-800's along in the same screenshot with THE An-225.

WOW.png
WOW.png (842.34 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
Nosedive 10 Apr 15, 20:36Post
So weird seeing AAL 330s into PHL.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Apr 15, 22:17Post
Saw a 1255 code headed toward the Dakotas today.
graphic 15 Apr 15, 21:55Post
Lucas wrote:Saw a 1255 code headed toward the Dakotas today.

We've got some very nasty fire conditions going on with high winds, low humidity, and extremely dry grasslands. Also this:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/re ... rest-other
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 15, 00:55Post
graphic wrote:
Lucas wrote:Saw a 1255 code headed toward the Dakotas today.

We've got some very nasty fire conditions going on with high winds, low humidity, and extremely dry grasslands. Also this:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/re ... rest-other

Ah ha! So that's what it is. I looked at STARS for a bit and tried to figure out what it was doing. Now I guess I know.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Apr 15, 11:49Post
PC-12 headed North, and some nice crisp contrails off a Learjet headed south (presumably both Finnish Air Force, they usually are). AY371's headed up to OUL and just had a cracking view of a SAS A343 inbound to CPH from Asia. Meanwhile in southern Finland it's Qatari o'clock.

Couple of interesting things over the UK right now, including an Air Tahiti Nui A340 over Stornoway (CDG-LAX) and an RAF Voyager passing Newcastle on its way back to Brize after some refuelling work NE of Aberdeen.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 23 Apr 15, 08:34Post
The helimed's out and about agin - GF saw it take off the other day while waiting for a bus {grumpy}

A bit south of here, a Finnair A319 seems to be doing circuits at Pori: http://www.flightradar24.com/FIN4/613174f
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
xwizard (Founding Member) 23 Apr 15, 15:51Post
There's been a KLM DC-3 flying around the Belfast / Bangor area today - apparently some sort of promotional activity in advance of the new BHD-AMS route next month.

Even if I was to see it again, wouldn't be able to catch a shot of it - all I have is an iPhone 6 with me this trip. {whiteflag} {whiteflag}
Lovin' the smell of avgas in the morning....
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 Apr 15, 16:06Post
xwizard wrote:There's been a KLM DC-3 flying around the Belfast / Bangor area today - apparently some sort of promotional activity in advance of the new BHD-AMS route next month.

Even if I was to see it again, wouldn't be able to catch a shot of it - all I have is an iPhone 6 with me this trip. {whiteflag} {whiteflag}

Typical! Yes it is the KLM DC-3 and, jusding by Facebook, we have a number of our photographers at the event.
A million great ideas...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 25 Apr 15, 18:38Post
As I'm driving back to the house I hear what sounds like Eastern calling in to Love tower... sure enough it's an Eastern 737.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Apr 15, 22:35Post
As I was grilling out, an MD-90 went overhead. DAL divert ATL-DEN I suppose.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 25 Apr 15, 22:59Post
CO777ER wrote:As I'm driving back to the house I hear what sounds like Eastern calling in to Love tower... sure enough it's an Eastern 737.

I saw on Twitter where they're starting their proving runs.
Make Orwell fiction again.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Apr 15, 19:24Post
An A400M just passed right over at our house at no more than 2000ft, presumably headed for Warton. Those things make a really odd noise, somewhere between a jet and a prop but with an added howl like a supercharger at high revs {yuck}
A million great ideas...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Apr 15, 22:46Post
UAL4659 diverted to DAL. Wonder who has an open gate to share.
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 30 Apr 15, 05:40Post
The other day I saw an unknown (to me) turboprop doing a go around... I have now found out it's a Convair 340: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/n371fl
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
vikkyvik 10 May 15, 04:21Post
Yesterday over work: B-17 approaching SNA. At least, I think it was a B-17.

Either way, that sound....
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 10 May 15, 12:30Post
Where's the photo :))
vikkyvik 10 May 15, 20:28Post
CO777ER wrote:Where's the photo

Camera was about 500 feet away in my car. {cry}
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 May 15, 20:41Post
vikkyvik wrote:
CO777ER wrote:Where's the photo

Camera was about 500 feet away in my car. {cry}

I am revoking your "Eternal Spotter" badge!
IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 11 May 15, 18:34Post
vikkyvik wrote:Yesterday over work: B-17 approaching SNA. At least, I think it was a B-17.

Either way, that sound....

Sure was a B-17 - I was on the 405 as it flew right overhead. There was some VIP flight event going on at Lyon Air Museum, and the Flying Fortress was running some high rolling tourists around. Not only is that a pretty special sound, but such a beautifully menacing sight too.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein