You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

The Boeing Tape (etc.)

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 13 Mar 24, 00:39Post
What do y'all think about the Boeing tape? Really doing drugs on shift? Any thoughts on the whistleblower offing himself?

All seems pretty negative.
captoveur 13 Mar 24, 18:18Post
I'm just gonna say it... That wasn't a suicide.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Mar 24, 11:52Post
Is Hillary a significant shareholder at Boeing? {duck}
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Mar 24, 23:12Post
After the "monkeys" emails, the hidden cam footage from the plant is the second thing I've seen that shows employees not trusting their own product. Doing drugs at the plant while assembling the aircraft seems pretty wild.

The death is also quite odd.
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 25 Mar 24, 21:51Post
The CEO of Boeing has decided to leave the company -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boein ... acf4&ei=14
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Mar 24, 02:21Post
Allstarflyer wrote:The CEO of Boeing has decided to leave the company -

CEO and board chair, incredible. Imagine if they'd focused on designing new airplanes rather tan 7x7-MAX everything. Difficult task to get your workers to quit doing drugs while putting the planes together, and the history has recently been of doing these swaps just so they can say they've done something and then go back to being ridiculous.
Delta767300ER 14 Apr 24, 14:11Post
Lucas wrote:
Allstarflyer wrote:The CEO of Boeing has decided to leave the company -

CEO and board chair, incredible. Imagine if they'd focused on designing new airplanes rather tan 7x7-MAX everything. Difficult task to get your workers to quit doing drugs while putting the planes together, and the history has recently been of doing these swaps just so they can say they've done something and then go back to being ridiculous.

I couldn’t agree more. I will never understand why they keep updating a 40 year old+ design. Time for a clean sheet. Word is getting around too. Several people I know who aren’t Avgeeks like us even want to avoid flying the Max.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Apr 24, 16:40Post
Delta767300ER wrote:I will never understand why they keep updating a 40 year old+ design.

Simple: it's easy and less risky. Same reason Hollywood seemingly churns out nothing but reboots and sequels.

The days of Boeing risking the company on something new and bold died with the debut of the 747. The gamble paid off, but corporate boardrooms and shareholders want more certainty and predictability these days. The same hold s true of Boeing's customers.

The problems with the MAX aren't rooted in it's 60s era design. It's shoddy workmanship, complacency, and outright arrogance.
Make Orwell fiction again.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Apr 24, 14:13Post
ShyFlyer wrote:The problems with the MAX aren't rooted in it's 60s era design. It's shoddy workmanship, complacency, and outright arrogance.

Indeed, the sheer number of the things overwhelming the staff parking lots told us that there was plenty of demand even for thrice-microwaved 1960s leftovers.

Kegworth (another brand new 737!) was supposed to have taught us that expecting pilots to read something and jump into a new variant with no sim time is a really bad idea. The fact that that was a key requirement of the MAX programme really tells you everything you need to know.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.