You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Collins Aerospace to acquire FlightAware

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 31 Aug 21, 00:50Post
Well, it was a lot of fun for all those many years, but I have a feeling all that will soon change. Sure reminds me of the story of Airliners.net.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 7-H1tSEYAw

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Aug. 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies business (NYSE: RTX), has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately held FlightAware, a leading digital aviation company providing global flight tracking solutions, predictive technology, analytics and decision-making tools.

And just in case you don't know the players...

About FlightAware
Based in Houston, Texas, with approximately 130 employees, FlightAware was founded in 2005 and is a leading provider of real-time and historical flight information and insights to the global aviation community. FlightAware serves all segments of the aviation marketplace through best-in-class applications and data services that provide comprehensive information about the current and predicted movement of aircraft. Through the collection, interpretation, and enrichment of hundreds of sources of data, including data from FlightAware's own proprietary terrestrial ADS-B network with tens of thousands of receivers spanning seven continents in 200 countries and territories, FlightAware transforms millions of raw flight data elements and delivers them as coherent, easy-to-consume flight stories. As a single source of accurate and actionable data for aviation players large and small, FlightAware is Central to Aviation™.

About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp., is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the extensive capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and broad expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit CollinsAerospace.com.

About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.

Disclaimer: I am a data source for FlightAware.com.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Sep 21, 12:42Post
Queso wrote:Well, it was a lot of fun for all those many years, but I have a feeling all that will soon change. Sure reminds me of the story of Airliners.net.

I hope you're wrong. At least Collins are in the same business...
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 18 Sep 21, 01:54Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
Queso wrote:Well, it was a lot of fun for all those many years, but I have a feeling all that will soon change. Sure reminds me of the story of Airliners.net.

Hopefully they didn’t hire Monique to be their spokesperson.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Sep 21, 10:25Post
CO777ER wrote:
ShanwickOceanic wrote:

Hopefully they didn’t hire Monique to be their spokesperson.

Seconded.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!